1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rapefruit

rapefruit Senior member

And this is why it's much better to go with a stock size and add length/sleeve length

3 people like this.
  2. ggg458

ggg458 Active Member

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for a similar duffle coat to TOJ? I never pulled the trigger so I'm looking for something similar or hoping someone is looking to sell their old TOJ.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Pics? Sucks though.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I'm too embarrassed and ashamed right now. I'll take some pictures sometime next week.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

(Hate to add insult to injury, but this is why people say to trust Charly's recommendation. So things like this don't happen...)

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Well you could make a bag, open up the sides add in some knitting like a weird DIY undercover project, or recoup some of your money on b&s. This is why I'm hesitant to.jump on the viberg group buy, and that's not even mtm, only mto.

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Y'alls troll-dar must be broke

2 people like this.
  9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

He is a huge troll, but he seemed so ernest. I want to believe!

1 person likes this.
  10. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

Shit that's a horror story, I'm sorry man.....I ordered my first TOJ jacket and I can't wait, hopefully my measurements were o.k, it was my first time measuring myself

1 person likes this.
  11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Haha, yeah, we'll see. I called up a couple local tailors that are respected over at Classic Menswear and they both told me to bring the jacket in. Perhaps there's a chance they can fix this thing. My only fear is that it'll be too expensive. The jacket would need to be completely taken apart, cut up, and put back together again for it to fit properly. I'm going to make my tailor pilgrimage this upcoming Thursday to get their professional opinion on it.
    I wish I was a trolling.

My biggest error was misunderstanding the proportions of the jacket. The measurements themselves looked good on paper, but I think that having a jacket that isn't sized perfectly is completely fine, especially with leather since it breaks in. The real issue is when you have people sizing their jackets with proportions that simply do not make sense. In my case it was being too large at the elbows and having the chest to waist taper be too dramatic.

If you look at the stock sizes on the john coppidge tumblr site you can see how the jackets are *supposed* to be proportioned. I think most of the bad fits come from people who deviate too far from those shoulder/chest/midsection/waist ratios.

12. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

It's easy/tempting to take a "I told you so" attitude to D's story, but it's hard not to empathize with anyone who spent a significant sum of money (at least $400) and many weeks of anticipation waiting on a customized dream. Sorry it didn't work out how you wanted, Distorbiant. I think you should post a fit pic anyway--your prior expectations might be clouding your evaluation of how bad it looks, if it all.

13. Sorry to hear man. Is it something that's less pronounced when the jacket isn't zipped up?

14. Cole

Cole Senior member

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looks like someone is going to have to start hitting his chest, back, shoulders, and arms :)

10 people like this.
  16. Cole

Cole Senior member

ahh... charlys undercover plan to make you swole :)

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

90's style HUGE arms and chest no legs etc.

18. Cole

Cole Senior member

[​IMG] had the same problem with my black calf 2010 dr...

19. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

20. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Sorry to hear that dude, must be pretty bad if your initial reaction is bad.

Usually the TOJ euphoria of opening the package lasts long enough where you are on a short high regardless of fit.

1 person likes this.