1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Wade

Wade Senior member

I'm 5'11 and 125ish give or take and I wear a 48 in the bball.

2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

nobody has been posting about receiving a bomber lately (CWU or A2). i ordered an A2 on june 12th so we're basically in the same boat. hopefully we'll be in the next run of bombers. i know i read in this thread somewhere that bombers are made separately from the other jackets (who knows if it's true tho as I can't find the post or remember who said it...)

3. MakoShark

MakoShark Member

Hm ok. Does the bball fit similar to the TOJ1 2011? Is it a stock 48?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. slimaneism

slimaneism Active Member

The difference is he said he sent many private emails asking about it and trying to resolve the issue and he just got short replies as he kept seeing people who ordered much later get the exact same jacket. It's only now that he's ranted on the forum that they really want to check if the jacket fell through the cracks and is even in production.

Edit: He made himself look like a complete cunt but there was a valid issue, he just went off talking about how he perceived their emails to be rude, and I agree with Iamacyborg on that issue.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Oh good, I was worried we had moved on.

6 people like this.
  6. EvanM

EvanM Well-Known Member

Well, just placed another order so I *think* I'm finally done with my ToJ coat collection.
    • Navy Peacoat
    • Brown unglazed goat A-2
    • Black lamb MDR
    • Oxblood calf CM

All 3 leathers are on order so here's to expecting some post-Xmas gifts to myself.
    I still kinda half want a QDR in medium grey lamb but I doubt it'd get enough wear since it's similar to the MDR.
    Hmm.... decisions...

7. 5354

5354 Senior member

Dare you to try TOJ Omakase

1 person likes this.
  8. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I asked to try, but Charly told me to stick to my collared moto :(

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

QBCDR single needle diamond quilt in heavy calf suede

3 people like this.
  10. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

has anyone done double needle quilt?

11. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

I'll put up pics in a couple days when I get it.

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

My favorite TOJ complaint of all time has to be the guy that got his jacket with the TOJ label stitched upside down.

7 people like this.
  13. max_r

max_r Senior member

Wasn't there also some fat guy a few years back who ordered a too-small varsity and got all pissed off that he didn't look like a skinny Asian dude in it?

People getting all heated about zippers is probably my favourite thing about this thread.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Or the guy that submitted measurements of a jacket that didn't fit him and then was mad when his TOJ also didn't fit him.

15. azif

azif Senior member

I'm about 5'10 160ish
    My shoulders are 18" but chest is 38

Any advice on sizing for a Toj0
    Measurements on the website seem like the 50 would be closest

16. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Yeah a 50 sounds about right.

1 person likes this.
  17. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

I'm May 1 for Charcoal MA-1, hopefully this means there will be some September wear.

18. AKang

AKang Senior member

Was actually a Daypack lol

19. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Yeah hopefully the next batch will come soon for you guys.

Tracking for my jacket stopped at the flight number, I checked the flight and it said it arrived 2 days ago and no updates since then. Strange because I remember in the past TOJ jackets usually were at my door by 3-4 days. Hoping to see some updates on the tracking soon so I'll probably get it sometime next week and post pics for you guys.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Welp, looks like my jacket ending up being a bad fit. I wish Charly would have called me an idiot at some point for wanting a 23.8" chest and 19.5" midsection, but in the end it's my choices and my fault. I just didn't know how that kind of taper would effect the look of the jacket. I went off modified measurements of the previous 2nd hand TOJ jacket that I owned, but the lamb was considerably thicker on that one and it just fit very differently since it was a different model and had a taper that was less dramatic.

There are some incredibly important posts like Drew's comments on this page: http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-2011/11910 where he talks about how doing such a taper and mess up the jacket's look (as well as being functionally impossible from a construction point of view). I wish had only seen that post from 2 years ago, or that the info was more readily available, so I'd have been able to avoid this problem.

I'm not sure if tailoring would be a viable choice at this point. My jacket fits slim in the lower body but fits more roomy chest and shoulders. The upper sleeves are alright but the forearms definitely need more tapering. I added more room to the elbow area without realizing how much it would actually be in person. Luckily the sleeves of the jacket would be an easy alteration fix.

If the midsection wasn't so tapered, it would look just fine as a more relaxed fit, but since I can't make the midsection and waist looser, my only real option to make this jacket fit great would be to make the whole upper body and arms slimmer via alterations, but I don't know whether I want to throw much more money at this jacket or just cut my losses on ebay.

I feel really dumb. I've spent the whole day feeling like I got punched in the chest. I really just wanted an awesome TOJ jacket that I would be able to keep for years and years. I'm a bit like Cole in the fact that I don't really have much money, so this item was a huge investment for me. Now it's just a huge life lesson.

edit:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013