TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

luh dat gif

2. DZ1

DZ1 Active Member

wj4 DR lookin good

artishard116 blacked out band collar looks fantastic.

3. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

If you want something durable and will take a beating, get FQHH. Pretty much indestructible

Yeah i wanna holla @ that fqhh but its only available in brown and brownish red....i want straight up burgundy. Im thinking of either a burgundy 2010 burgundy or minimalist dr.

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Thought I should say something after posting that pic of the wear on my bomber... I've had a handful of lamb leather jackets pass through my hands along with 3 different lamb TOJs. TOJ's lamb is definitely on the heavier end of the spectrum.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I ran into this chart for the shirts on the unofficial site. How is the neck measured? I'm thinking I'm a small, dress shirt is usually 14-14.5, 33.

[​IMG]

6. impolyt_one

14-14.5 is like our XS man. I can barely get into it, but my neck measures 15.5 and I'm probably at 34.5, long arms. I actually find the sleeves on the XS are not too short, though, so 14.5/33 would be just right for the XS.

7. stick

stick Senior member

Yeah, I thought the neck measurements were kind of weird, I normally wear a 16&quot; neck but I'm a M for sure at 6'1&quot; 180lbs. Also, is there an update for shirt fabrics coming soon? I think you mentioned something about a problem with the samples Charly ended up posting a while back?

8. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Lamb or Calf, can't go wrong either way! Living in Vancouver w/ all this rain, I elected to go with calf. My 2.3 DR, stock 46 fits like a glove but it's difficult and almost painful to take off (hard to explain). The 2.3 Lamb I owned briefly was a 44/45 sample and it slipped off smoothly.
    I'm hoping this problem goes away over time, but we'll see, the jacket is sturdy as fcuk and seems impossible to break in.
    Friends are complimenting me on the jacket before they even say hello ha ha.

PS - Nice job on the safari shirt! I'll be ordering one very soon. My broke ass can't afford a brown bomber w/ black fur ATM, not to mention spring is around the corner, but I'll definitely be saving up for next fall.

9. impolyt_one

Yeah, I thought the neck measurements were kind of weird, I normally wear a 16" neck but I'm a M for sure at 6'1" 180lbs. Also, is there an update for shirt fabrics coming soon? I think you mentioned something about a problem with the samples Charly ended up posting a while back?

yeah I have to go through the samples and weed out the ones which are not available, I had Charly scan all the books en masse, but many of the books have one or two (or more) from each set that are not available or are locked in storage vaults and therefore not available. The latter is like, well, they'd go down there and get out the rolls if you were buying all of the rolls, but they're not going in there to get 3 yards. lol

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

wj4 DR lookin good

artishard116 blacked out band collar looks fantastic.

It's actually navy, you just can't tell in my yellowish light.

11. halisray

halisray Senior member

At first I found my calf bomber to be really stiff and I was thinking to myself.. oh my god, I just spent $650 on a jacket that doesn't feel right.. but I stuck with it and it is slowly breaking it and it really does fit better every time I wear it.. in a year or so it will be fully broken into for sure.. I am happy I went with calf [​IMG] I slipped and fell on the road and no scratching even appeared

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

To be honest I don't even know what to make of that sizing chart. It's not just the collar, it's the shoulders. There is no way I'm a L, I'm currently wearing a BBBF size 1 shirt that had to be tailored down a size. I'm certainly not a 17&quot; collar or a 22&quot; p2p but I am a 17.5&quot; shoulder, which would suggest I'm in between L and XL. Das jus nuts.

13. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

To be honest I don't even know what to make of that sizing chart. It's not just the collar, it's the shoulders. There is no way I'm a L, I'm currently wearing a BBBF size 1 shirt that had to be tailored down a size. I'm certainly not a 17" collar or a 22" p2p but I am a 17.5" shoulder, which would suggest I'm in between L and XL. Das jus nuts.

+1

Measured one of my well fitting shirts yesterday in order to help Charly determine the size for my new leather. I got an 18 shoulder and 22 chest and that's on a shirt with a 15.75 collar.

14. cersoc

cersoc Member

At first I found my calf bomber to be really stiff and I was thinking to myself.. oh my god, I just spent $650 on a jacket that doesn't feel right.. but I stuck with it and it is slowly breaking it and it really does fit better every time I wear it.. in a year or so it will be fully broken into for sure.. I am happy I went with calf [​IMG] I slipped and fell on the road and no scratching even appeared
    Would love to see it on youtube after a few years of daily wear [​IMG]

15. impolyt_one

The shirt shoulders ride up a little high, over the shoulder; I think the measurements might seem off on the chart but everytime I see a shirt fit it's really good for an OTR shirt, so I dunno.