1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Please. Stop.

17 people like this.
  2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I use my toj (that my mom bought me) to get pussy

25 people like this.
  3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

4. meego

meego Well-Known Member

I agree that the gold hardware on a DR may be a bit too much, especially with the belt buckles.

When I saw that hold hardware was available to order I went out on a whim and took a chance with it. Glad that I did though, extremely happy with how it turned out.

Hope that the pics helps others make a more informed decision about hardware colours

5. Karura

Karura Active Member

I've been using my TOJ Daypack daily. What suede protectors are you guys using on it? I did a quick google search and found the Wilson TLC Suede and Leather protectant. Any experiences with it? Anything better?

6. 5354

5354 Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-2011/30300_60#post_6325632

If you must. Otherwise, let it get beat up like Charly and Drew have mentioned.

Please use the search function for questions, thanks your cooperation is appreciated.

7. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Senior member

For the past couple of years I've alternated between Atlanta, GA and the Triangle Area for work & play. How practical does this forum think a genuine leather would be in this sort of climate, e.g., humid subtropical most throughout the year?

Otherwise I think I'm going to settle for the Suiting Wool MA-1.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. okonomi

okonomi Well-Known Member

Suiting wool MA-1 is warmer than a leather, it's pretty paddy. The ribbing makes the biggest difference as that's where I find sweat building up in the varsity and MA-1. It's all about that open cuff/hem on riders/motos for breeziness IMO.

9. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Not to be a dick, but I don't understand how you expect anyone to be more qualified to answer that question than you.

If you can wear a substantial cotton jacket in those temperatures, then leather probably isn't a problem.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  10. Karura

Karura Active Member

Thank you, and thanks for putting it very nicely about using the search; I should have done that. Googled yielded no results for TOJ suede protection, but I should have searched here.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I know people who live in warmer places and experiences heat differently, then those of us, who live up north.

If it was me I would go T1.

2 people like this.
  12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

The jacket and fit looks insane. I've ordered the same 4 zip Moto but with silver zips. That's the fit I'm going for as well.

thanks for sharing

13. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

T1 T1 T1!!

14. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

Hey guys I decided on a Moto and am about to submit my order but still deciding between two zip and 4 zip. What do you think is the more timeless look? I don't want to go too flashy,but I also want it to stand out. I've decided on gunmetal zips.

15. aphelan

aphelan Senior member

I'm about to order one as well and going with 4 zips.

16. Newo

Newo Senior member

4-zip on Moto, 2-zip on Collared moto.

17. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Timeless? I don't know if the zippers will change how "timeless" it looks. Here on this forum, you're going to get people telling you nothing but specifically getting a motto in silver 4 zip in lamb. Look in the gallery, see what others have gotten and decide what you think will look best on you. If you want a reason for why 4 zip is recommended by Drew, it's because the chest zippers accentuate that part of the body, making it look broader.

18. JFetter

JFetter Senior member

Probably the last picture. It's somewhere between light and medium brown...kind of the color of peanut butter.

It's a nice looking shade of brown as is, but I think with some serious wear it will be off the charts.

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I like the collared moto with gunmetal 2-zips the most.

I feel like the leather is already so nice and flashy by itself that anything extra reduces the versatility of the jacket.

1 person likes this.
  20. JFetter

JFetter Senior member

Those of you with tight sleeves on your (calf) jackets - I have a question.

How much "give" did your jacket have in the sleeves after some wear?

I typically wear button up long sleeve shirts, with the sleeves rolled up on my forearm. Well, I ordered my jacket quite fitted, and when I put it on the jacket forces my shirt sleeves to hike up past my elbow... leaving most of the shirt on my bicep.

I can't bend my elbow much past 90 degrees which sounds typical for new calf, but the shirt thing I'm not sure will go away?

This size also doesn't leave much room for weight change, if my arms were to get bigger.

Other than the sleeves though, I pretty much nailed the sizing for my first TOJ. It's a lovely piece of work.