1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I can't imagine it would be too difficult, it's a skin after all.

Just rest an object on top of the lapel and desired shape you want over night and I'm sure it'll form that way over time.

That and just weraing the jacket and molding it as you go should keep the jacket in the shape that you want.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

i was under the impression that floppy lapels was just part of the design of the bcdr. even if it's trained, i can't see how it doesn't flop at least a little when you move/walk

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

This is probably accurate. I like the jacket in static shots, but not sure I'd feel living with it.

4. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

It's a lot worse in photos than it is IRL.

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

If you tried to form the lapels you'd end up with big creases going down the front of your jacket. I wouldn't buy a BCDR with the intention of wearing it open very often.

6. 13k

13k Senior member

After wearing it out a few times it tends to stay (at least that's how it looks on my girl's bcdr)

7. masshi

masshi Senior member

well, i'm in a dilemma

i've thought about it and it'd be super impractical to just plop down $800 on a jacket right now

but at the same time, i might never get a chance to buy a toj

toj isn't gonna stay dead forever, is it? no, right?

but if/when they come back, will m2m still be an option do you guys think?

(sorry if dumb questions pls don't crucify me)

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

There's a very real chance that Toj never comes back, and if it does, M2M will certainly not be an option. It's been on the cutting room floor for a while.

2 people like this.
  9. masshi

masshi Senior member

10. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

This is probably bad real life advice, but good styleforum advice.

Buy the jacket now, regret later. Eat Ramen for a few weeks and you'll survive from the financial hit.

You're never going to get made to measure from this quality ever again.

Even when I was over in Italy and Turkey were the quality of leather was exceptional, TOJ leather still surpasses that with the quality of the lamb and also the style and cut.

11. masshi

masshi Senior member

Yeah, but at the same time, i only just found out about TOJ like a week or so ago. And I'm not that into fashion (I mean, I've never even measured any part of me or clothing before for Christ's sake, haha). I'll probably have a tough time getting the right measurements...

But then again, I am trying to get into some of the more higher end stuff. I worry over whether I'll truly be able to appreciate the M2M aspect of their jackets (and that I'm wondering about this probably means that I might not? idk), though.

I also wonder over whether if they came back but with stock sizes only that that might actually end up being better for me since I might mess up measuring myself.

hmmmm

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. masshi

masshi Senior member

So basically I just:

- get a jacket that I'm 'okay' with the fit of
    - get the measurements of it (and put the measurements I'd prefer in parentheses?)
    - take a picture of myself in it
    - get somebody to measure myself
    - e-mail all of that info along with my height/weight and the kind of fit I'm looking for and Charly will do the rest?

Or does he need correspondence with somebody who knows more about exactly what they want to make sure of everything?

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Measuring yourself is not that difficult. The tutorial should answer all of your questions... if you are still unsure provide body and jacket measurements.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

TOJ quality has to be felt to be appreciated. It's a level of quality that people can't help but notice. I have a used DR and two questions I've been asked are "is that jacket new?" and "is the leather real?" because they haven't seen or felt that kind of lamb before.

The jacket also looks much better in person than online.

If I hadn't bought a used TOJ jacket I would never have dropped the money on a new, full leather. Just experiencing it in person was enough to convince me.

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Submit body measurements for best results.

17. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I can vouch this happens.

1 person likes this.
  18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Super-easy. Just wear it zipped like that for a while, and when you're not wearing it, leave it lying flat somewhere (couch, table, floor, whatever) in roughly the same position. The lapels will still move a little if they don't snap down, but not significantly.

19. masshi

masshi Senior member

Wait, when I made my last post, I was going off of the JC tumblr.

Aren't you supposed to submit body and jacket measurements in the first place? Or are you guys just reinforcing that idea? o_o

Or do people usually just order a size and hope that the 'house fit' (is that the right term?) will work out?

... wait, you're supposed to compare the measurements you get (with your own jacket and body) to whatever sizes they have, e.g. 46, 48, etc. (btw, are there sizes in between those, e.g. a 47, or are the listed sizes the only sizes they have since you can alter them, anyway?) and request your own alterations from there, right?

Or is it Charly who does that based on what you tell him?

i feel like i'm over-complicating this

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You can submit one or both, up to you. I only submitted body and think that's the better way to do it honestly.