TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Regarding your white tee that I asked in the sneaker thread. So after 1 wear, you just chuck it? I bought those Hanes from Target since we last talked. Even they were labeled as pre-shrunk, the fit isn't too great. It's still short in the body length area.
    No, the tee I was wearing has been washed several times and it has shrunk but not to the extent that it is unwearable. Don't wash it in hot either if possible.
    No dude, as of Friday it was a possibility.
    Then why are you asking if it is available? [​IMG]

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

This thread needs more band collar
    Fuck that this thread needs more mohawk. Badass. Actually just good to see the old BCR, the oft-forgotten TOJ.

3. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Fuck that this thread needs more mohawk. Badass. Actually just good to see the old BCR, the oft-forgotten TOJ.

Ha thanks. I don't know what to call it. Growing it out on top and having fun experimenting in the meantime.

4. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

Hey has anyone who ordered their bombers in February gotten their stuff yet? I got my WV in 3 weeks, so just curious if the bombers are taking longer (ordered mine beginning of February). Not concerned, just curious [​IMG]

ordered mine early February as well

i inquired about it the other day and it sounds like it's done...just needs to be mailed

i thought maybe the bombers were being produced in the same factory as one of the new jackets and waiting to get a sample of a new jacket was kind of delaying the shipment of mine

that's just speculation though

5. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

You guys should bring back lining color options. Would have loved some burgundy inside my black minimalist DR...

6. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

You guys should bring back lining color options. Would have loved some burgundy inside my black minimalist DR...

^This would be great. I can think of same great color combos with lining color options.

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

So it turns out that I've had my original DR in calf for about a year now. I wore it semi-frequently for quite a while, and then almost every day for the last couple of months.

For reference, here's a picture of me wearing it in the rain, looking awkward and weirdly tilted.

Pictures don't really capture the important things, though. It still looks more or less like it did when it was new. There's a little bit of creasing at the arms and such, of course, but it doesn't look particularly worn. The thing that happened, though, is that two or three weeks ago it went from being the jacket that I put on because I liked how it looked and knew it would eventually get softer and more comfortable, to being a soft and comfortable jacket that I liked putting on. It's actually kind of weird, how it just happened at some point.

The calf is definitely durable, and I just don't bother worrying about it. I wear it in the rain, stretch around in it, etc. It just ignores whatever I do.

Great jacket.

8. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

This is exactly why i want the calf and not lamb for the new styles. Sure lamb is soft and looks nice, but for me a leather jacket needs to be more than soft and cuddly.

It shouldnt br something i have to hide from the elements or baby, its there to protect me...be it from water, road rash, dog bites, whatever, i just dont want to have to worry about it.

P.s. Cant wait to get my 2010 calf dr, im in week 5 and counting.

9. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

This is exactly why i want the calf and not lamb for the new styles.

So ironically, if I got another leather (I want the quilted band collar one (in light gray!) BAD, but realistically I'm just not going to get one; I need a winter coat and a bunch of other stuff way more), I'd go for lamb. For two reasons:

1. I already have calf, so if I want something that will shrug off annoyances, I have it.

2. I think I overrated the importance of super-durability a little. Interpolating between this and some cheap lamb coats I've had in the past, I think lamb would stand up just fine over a reasonable (many years) amount of time for most purposes.

I think there's a certain romance or something to the idea of a heavy calf jacket that you've had forever and that has really worn in a personal way, and all that. And I'm looking forward to it, so I in no way regret going with calf. But there's also something to the finer, softer qualities of lamb, which you get immediately.

10. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

If you want something durable and will take a beating, get FQHH. Pretty much indestructible

11. christos

christos Senior member

excuse my shitting up of the thread but if anyone wants to get rid of their 2010 dr size 46 PM me dawg

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

excuse my shitting up of the thread but if anyone wants to get rid of their 2011 dr size 46 PM me dawg

pretty sure you can just buy one from toj since they didn't discontinue it at all?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

excuse my shitting up of the thread but if anyone wants to get rid of their 2011 dr size 46 PM me dawg
    [​IMG] 2011 DR released a week ago

14. christos

christos Senior member

EDIT: shit i meant 2010

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

ah yeah but unfortunately i don't have 710 to buy a brand new one, people reselling usually have have it for a lower cost.

Yah... it released a week ago, even if people ordered the first day, they probably won't get it until a few weeks from now. So... yeah...