1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Lifetime

Lifetime Member

I own a Peacoat and Winter Varsity, and I have a black lamb DR (newest model) in the queue.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. ytip

ytip Member

Received my black/black toj0 today.

Supple lamb sleeves and a ridiculously smooth body along with the occasional sun-soaked glint off the button makes this one of the sickest jackets that I've ever owned.

Thanks TOJ crew and trust in charly.

Fit pics coming up soon

3. slimaneism

slimaneism Active Member

Exposed cut edges? That doesn't sound good.

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

None of the photos in the gallery have this, so it sounds really weird to me.

5. swooc

swooc Senior member

^both of my riders have exposed edges. it's either a design limitation or just cutting corners.

6. Leather

Leather Senior member

Sand lamb channel quilt BCDR with zilver zips or the same jacket in navy lamb?

1 person likes this.
  7. 5354

5354 Senior member

Depends on what colors are in your wardrobe.

If you do Sand Tan Lamb, I'd suggest gunmetal zips because I feel silver lacks contrast.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Has nothing to do with quality. It's just how you make things like belts, epaulets, and other small tubular details that the other jackets (like MDRs) do not have. Clothing is sewn inside out and then turned back out again to finish. How do you think a tube of calf is sewn on both sides and then turned back out? It's two inches wide and over 35" long at that point. That's not physically possible. An epaulet wouldn't do it either, at like 3 or 4 inches. You can check this with any leather jacket out there.

4 people like this.
  9. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

10. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Sand lamb would be baller

11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

One more vote for sand tan lamb. If you want a blue BCDR, go calf suede.

12. Leather

Leather Senior member

Cool thanks for the input, leaning towards sand lamb. Gunmetal or silver zips though?

13. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

14. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I don't think so, every leather is different depending on color, that's why you have a lot of differences in black lamb some are more vainy and some don't. Like every color in any garment different dyes no matter what fabric will have a different effect on the leather. But there are differences in type of leather and Drew himself says that on the description on the John coppidge page as well as him saying that he recommends black lamb over everything else simply because its that good.

I personally have three different calfskins, dark whiskey which is more of their regular calf, red which is a soft calf and bottle green which is an Italian calf which is thick, slightly cold to touch and an almost grainyness to it. But I do think that the standard calf feels the heaviest but quality wise bottle green is just crazy nice.

15. Lurks

Lurks Member

Gunmetal.

Another vote for sand but I personally think it looks better on minimal jackets (i.e. no quilting) .... even though Drew says otherwise.

1 person likes this.
  16. gong

gong Senior member

i can only imagine drews frustrations when he opens this thread sometimes, his business relies (i don't know how much) on word of mouth and the good reviews people post about his products. what would happen to that if quality went south? not to mention that the people who question this quality (zippers, linings, leathers) seem to me to never have any clue as to what quality really is in those dimensions.

the feeling of a leather being "thick" or "thin" is completely subjective, not to even touch upon some of the more nonsensical ramblings here. from the photos he's posted before it seems like he buys rolls at a time of material/color variations and presumably (obviously) checks the quality prior to purchase. i'd say hes shown enough good will and honesty in terms of how he does business to garner some trust in regards to what materials he deems to be good enough.

1 person likes this.
  17. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but I don't think I've been unreasonable in my attempt to be objective about my jackets for what they are.

There is no doubt Drew and the team, offer one of the best value for money jackets in this space...

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

*offered in a couple weeks

RIP TOJ never forget

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

do you guys think we'd get this far, at this pace, and drop the quality or not know what we are doing at this point? -_- Do we even need to discuss 'quality' in this thread after this long?

12 people like this.
  20. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

this thread has quality control issues.

6 people like this.