1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

Well he did say he would be coming back with capsule collections. I could see Drew potential factory made sizes of say the TOJ Varsity during an anniversary year with pre-made quantities and release them that way.

It wouldn't be terrible amount of work for him, and it will allow him more capital to inject back in his restaurant operations. It's always nice to have a secondary source of income, during the initial few years of a new restaurant opening. At least in Canada, only 1 in 5 restaurants survive the first few years of operations.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Well, last summer hiatus was exactly that, a short break.

This one is billed as an end. Capsule collections could be something like a bag, where you don't have to worry about sizing.

He said jackets were "generally done" and MTM is for sure completely done.

3. eca462

eca462 Active Member

The CWU and A-2 are also pretty close in design though besides the shearling, wouldn't you say (and pocket angle)? I favor the CWU over the A-2, and the 4-zip Moto 2011 over both I think. I won't go lamb A-2 anyway, the reason I'd choose an A-2 would be because of warmth and the whole snow thing, so it would be in goat. But maybe your right about it being redundant.

Could a black lamb CWU be worn in snowy weather regularly though? And what kind of temperature could a lamb CWU and calf/goat Moto respectively be worn in comfortably (with a sweater underneath)?

4. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

To be honest if you are planning to wear it in snow regularly I would go goat or calf, because lamb does not fair so well in wet conditions.
    Also if you slip over lamb will quite easily scratch. I would suggest you get one lamb jacket for nicer days, and a calf and goat jacket.

The A2 in brown goat would look pretty nice and glazed goat is pretty water resistant.
    With the moto you really can't go wrong with the leather, and I would suggest maybe a black lamb ribbed collar cwu-45 so you have something a bit different to the A2.

5. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Planning to get my first TOJ jacket which will be an a-2 bomber soon,
    debating between brown lamb or brown goat. I'm planning to pretty much wear this jacket for all seasons other then really hot summers (+20 celsius) or -4 celsius and below weather. (Canada eh)

So my question is: should I get a goat or lamb o_O
    Charly recommended lamb for my first jacket, but I am really afraid of a small brush against something and causing a noticeable scratch on the lambskin, and I'm afraid of the weather (rain and snow)

Is goat that much more durable?

Also, does anyone actually have the suede name tag? how does it look, any pictures?

6. Cole

Cole Senior member

I think TOJ should take orders until the end of the month :)

7. fibs

fibs Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that both glazed/unglazed goat are water resistant. Is that not true? Only the glazed?

8. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

I think the lamb is a lot more durable than gets made out in this thread. Sure you have to be careful, but unless you're running away from the cops and climbing chain link fences, you'll be fine.

Suede tag is all over here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6841

2 people like this.
  9. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

I assume unglazed goat is pretty waterproof as drew was originally planning to put it on the backpacks.
    Also the lamb is pretty durable when compared to most other lamb jackets, but compared to calf and goat it scuffs and scratches very easily.
    The cuffs of lamb jackets get worn especially quickly.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I chose dark brown goat with placket and no suede name tag for A-2 first. Went with brown lamb with placket and suede tag at the end and Charly was very helpful changing my order. I also ordered black lamb 4 zip Moto with silver zips as my second lamb.

I think A-2 in brown lamb showcased 99.9% in TOJ Gallery. I'm still thinking about dark brown goat though lol.

11. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

It's important to differentiate between waterproof and water resistant. They are two very different things.

12. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

My lamb jackets have survived rush hour on the London underground, boat parties, raves, heavy pub sessions and generally being thrown around, it's not going to scratch that easily.

2 people like this.
  13. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Fit pics of the backpack.....please

14. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

Not a jacket or a daypack, but i got my shirt the other day. It's lovely and I wish I had ordered a few more.

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

lol I was being facetious, though it would be dope if ToJ rose from the ashes once more
    This picture cracks me up lol. Still no tracking and no bag, I is sad :(

16. 5354

5354 Senior member

Yeah, they're similar to a certain degree. Since you're not interested in DRs, you might find that your 3 TOJs have some similarities or that they're redundant, that's just the way it is.

I don't really have answers to your other questions but if you're going to get an A2 in goat, Drew has mentioned it's likely better without the name tag. Drew also likes Motos in FQHH. Charly in one of his previous posts said there was a black FQHH if you're interested. I'd do it.

I think new buyers are very cautious of lamb being too delicate and that's completely fair. When I was looking at the A2 I thought about lamb v. goat for a while but then I realized I didn't really like the shearling. Funny how that works. The best advice I can give is that if you're REALLY that afraid of the lamb being scratched, then go with the goat. Just make sure you don't get the name tag with the goat.

There's always Saphir Renovateur which some people have had success fixing massive scratches with.

17. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

is there a specific reason why tag + goat is a no no?

Ironically, I was starting to think the shearling was too much for me and started considering the CWU ... sigh decisions, decisions :p

Is there any other customizations I should know about other than the placket and suede tag?

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I think just the color. Pretty sure suede tag only comes in one brown, and it may look off against the goat's brown.

Shearling collar is removable, leaving you with normal collar. Browse gallery.

I guess zippers, but realistically silver is the only option here.

19. phosej

phosej Senior member

While we're on the topic, black lamb or black goat for a 4 zip MDR with silver zips? I already have a black lamb cwu, so I know the lamb is great, so should I go for two lamb jackets or one lamb, one goat? I know the durability/water-resistant arguments for goat, but I'm not so sure about the pebbly look and texture (although I have heard that it is relatively smooth, although not as smooth as lamb).

20. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Yeah i know, what I meant really was without the shearling, it makes the CWU and A-2 even more similar.

But I think I've made the decision with A-2 Lamb, With shearling, it makes the jacket more versatile with the option on or off compared to CWU.

Everyone kindly reassured me of the lamb but I guess no highspeed running away from the police in the forest with this jacket ;)