TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. computurd

computurd Senior member

So are those 2011 cuffs/waist and invisible snaps on the Band collar moto an official option now or is it something you are still working on for a future update on the BC moto?

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

oh my fuck. can we get moar 2010 bomber pictures please? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Haha don't fall off the chair (was that for me?). If so, They'll be more pics with future wear.

damn, tonio. perfect addition to your wardrobe!

Thanks, Synth. I thought so too. Was bummed to miss out on the brown version, but I used to own a cheap ill fitting black moto way back in the day that I used to wear all the time so black is by no means a "sloppy seconds" choice for me. I just figure it is now my official weekend or casual Friday go to jacket. This is my first leather jacket purchase since that moto from years ago b/c ever since the ways of SF helped me open my eyes to fit and quality, I could never find one that met my fit and quality expectations until now. Glad I pulled the trigger.

No, a few people actually got those adjustments.

I quite like the adjustments on those bombers with high collar. Great alternative look to the classic bomber.

Looking good man. Welcome to the club. [​IMG]

Thanks my good man. I appreciate all your advice along the way considering we are similar in sizing. The only problem I see is that it might be the gateway into more ToJ leather drugs [​IMG]

Man, I don't know if that thing could fit you more perfectly if it were custom. Great fit.

Yeah no kidding. I must have measured and re-meausred my different jackets and sweaters a hundred times over and read and re-read your sizing charts repeatedly trying to decide if it would work until I just decided that I needed to stop overthinking and pull the trigger. I am really happy with the fit. I was nervous when it arrived (especially about how tight the waist would be) b/c I didn't want to be dissappointed, especially since it wasn't custom, but it turned out great. Great work.

I'm in the midst of editing these fit pics, got one set here - the collared Moto.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wfsjmc.jpg
    http://i55.tinypic.com/v7ghvo.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/55ibfq.jpg
    http://i52.tinypic.com/5cfuid.jpg
    http://i53.tinypic.com/a4c6tc.jpg

Drew, great fit pics, this style really does look fantastic. I really like the shoulder gussets and the sleeves on this style. If it stays around long enough, you have me considering the whiskey color for this one. Or the sample itself it it would fit me like the black bomber sample I have [​IMG]

I can't wait to see pics and fit pics of the baseball jacket. Any plans to offer matching trim in lieu of the red and blue stripe? Just curious.

3. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

is this calf or lamb? only reason I ask is because you said it's still a little stiff and as I understand the lamb is extremely drapey and supple from the outset.

It's lamb. It's actually not that stiff IRL, it's just new. My lamb bomber was the same way at first, so I know it will soften up with wear.

4. slim

slim Member

i was excited for the baseball jackets until i seen those DRs wheeeew

5. cersoc

cersoc Member

Cant really see why anyone would ever buy a bomber henceforth.
    A modern classic style and hasn't been replaced, so I can see it staying for another season.

6. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

Get it in whisky lamb, problem solved. [​IMG]

now I'm tempted. oh no. I have already a moto, a bomber, an all leather varsity & an old style double rider on the way. but the thought of a whisky collared moto [​IMG]

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

the thing that still impresses me is that the collared Moto doesn't look like a boring Dad jacket, even though I kind of had that in mind for it when I was making it. [​IMG]

8. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Dat collared moto.

9. computurd

computurd Senior member

The collared moto has turned the bomber into a boring dad jacket :O

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Drew, do you think it would be a bad call to try and get the collared moto to fit tighter than that?

11. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

Order in for minimalist DR. Starting to second guess my measurements based on Drew's moto fit pics. How far off standard is that collared moto? Trim fit in the torso looks great...

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Drew, do you think it would be a bad call to try and get the collared moto to fit tighter than that?
    It looks pretty tight on him already, I think if you sized it smaller it would pull in the chest and look noticeably small / uncomfortable. There is nothing detail-wise to break it up, it's just a smooth field of leather, so stuff like that becomes more noticeable. Same thing with the bomber but even more so here I think. Tight could work better on something like the '10 DR or maybe the quilted DR where there is more to catch the eye.

13. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

I'm in the midst of editing these fit pics, got one set here - the collared Moto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BAM. TOJ listens to his people [​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

Quilt DR fit pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. impolyt_one

not in the body - i had to suck my stomach in to get it to zip closed. The sleeves could be smaller but then they'll just bag in the elbow even more, so it's better to not make the sleeves too tight.