1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Thank you my Stevent, I'm good to go with Charly's advice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. flahertongs

flahertongs Well-Known Member

So...no one cares to comments on how the silver zips age, then?

3. 5354

5354 Senior member

Everything dulls in sheen eventually.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quick note. I do not really look at anyone's shoulder measurement from your body. It's pretty much useless for me because a lot of people seem to measure it incorrectly.

Height/weight is usually good enough to gauge shoulder width.

You guys should really be comparing the shoulder measurement given to shoulder measurements on garments you own to come up with what works best for you.

In the end.. anything <0.5" on the shoulder is pretty insignificant if you sized the rest of the jacket correctly.

Don't believe me? Measure out 0.2" and then put it on either side of your shoulders..

6 people like this.
  5. mrchariybrown

Same goes with adding/subtracting 0.1" from your chest, sleeves, or pretty much anywhere.

And yes, I have had a handful of emails from people wanting to add 0.1" to the chest.. and then changing it back.. and then changing it back.. and then changing it back again.

10 people like this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Charly I'm glad I don't have your job I would have jumped of bridge a loooooong time ago

7. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

The great thing about lamb is it is ridiculously forgiving in sizing, especially in the shoulders.

1 person likes this.
  8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Reminds me of how my girlfriend says that any check pattern reminds her of lumberjacks. These ridiculous connotations only exist in your head (and the heads of a few unfortunate others).

3 people like this.
  9. AKang

AKang Senior member

I prefer the 2zip myself. Just looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. I feel like people just take Drew's word and convince themselves to like it, but I only like the 2zip more because I had been eying a moto from Schott for about a year before I saw the TOJ moto.

[​IMG]

10. mrchariybrown

For those interested in purchasing a moto.. here are the general guidelines..

When in doubt go with black lambskin..

4-zip > 2-zip

Silver zippers > other

Standard/non-quilted moto > Go with another jacket > quilted moto

That concludes "You and Your Moto 101"

24 people like this.
  11. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

Does anyone have pictures of jackets in the following colours: dark chocolate, medium brown, chestnut? They are the FQHH swatches but I can't seem to find any pictures on the site

12. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

I don't think any pictures of these colors of FQHH exist because they were added recently enough that people who would have ordered them probably still haven't received their jackets yet. What you see is probably a pretty accurate representation of the actual color (for example, look at the diesel blue/sherwood suede and compare it to the jackets in those materials, they look pretty dead on).

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

2 people like this.
  14. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

At the end of the day, you need to go with what you think works well for your body type and your style. Even though Drew is the designer and has an eye for style and knows what combination looks best, that doesn't mean the look will necessarily look good on you given your swag, what's in your closet, and how you dress.

I don't think going either 4 zip or 2 zip will make or break a jacket. Go with what you like and take Drew's recommendations within that context.

1 person likes this.
  15. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Unless they're made/coated with some material that isn't affected by the environment, they'll age just like every other silver zipper. The only thing that might differ is the time it takes to get there. Either way, they haven't been around long enough for anyone to tell you anything.

16. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

can someone please post drew's post about body types?

17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

18. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Damn, Willy. That post sounds a lot like how Nicholas Tesla thinks things out in his head too.

2 people like this.
  19. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

There'll be a ToJ leather MA-1 on CNBC sometime later today.

4 people like this.
  20. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Can someone familiar with the lambskin tell me if it's similar to the material used by RLPL, Cucinelli, Loro Piana type brands? I'm interested in either the goatskin or lambskin for a jacket. Lamb sounds like the default, but I'd like something less soft and rubbery than what those aforementioned brands use.