1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Mark9fiji

Mark9fiji Member

Hey B0B,

Was looking through gallery pics and it looks like you and I are the same height(5'4").

Mind sharing your dimensions and jacket sizing?

My measurements:

Body measurement:
    Shoulder 16.25"
    Chest 38.5"
    Midsection 34.5"
    Waist 35.5"
    Front length 21.5"
    Sleeve length 23"
    Bicep flexed 14.25"

This is what I'm getting:

shoulders 16.2"
    chest (pit-to-pit) 20.8"
    midsection 18.9"
    waist 19.2"
    body length, front 20.5"
    body length, back 22.5"
    sleeve length, from shoulder 22.4"
    sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
    sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
    sleeve width @ cuff 4.9"

2. Mark9fiji

Mark9fiji Member

Hey B0B,

I was looking through the gallery and it looks like you and I are the same height(5'4")

Mind sharing your body and jacket sizing?

Mine are:
    Shoulder 16.25"
    Chest 38.5"
    Midsection 34.5"
    Waist 35.5"
    Front length 21.5"
    Sleeve length 23"
    Bicep flexed 14.25"

What I'm getting:
    shoulders 16.2"
    chest (pit-to-pit) 20.8"
    midsection 18.9"
    waist 19.2"
    body length, front 20.5"
    body length, back 22.5"
    sleeve length, from shoulder 22.4"
    sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
    sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
    sleeve width @ cuff 4.9"

3. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Sorry to disappoint bro, I'm 6'4"...that one picture where i said 5'4, was a joke. I joke too much here.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Cheers to being 6' 4":fistbump:

On a more useful note, for those guys with the dark brown goat:

In good lighting, would you say this is an accurate representation?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It just looks much, much lighter (or more brown might be better way of putting it) than all the other dark brown goat I have seen. Like this seems like very good lighting to me too, but it appears basically black:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  5. Mark9fiji

Mark9fiji Member

I can't really see too much of a difference between your brown goat vs dark brown goat. Is is basically brown goat looks like milk chocolate while dark brown goat looks like dark chocolate?
    [​IMG]
    dereksfavouritethings

Yes, dark brown goat looks almost black, which you can see here (far left): http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=12617 and the brown goat looks like the color of the brown lamb, seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=17083.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

While I don't have the dbg (yet), I always felt that this was a good color representation.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

^ she's a beaut, Clark.

8. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior member

Yup, that's definitely an accurate representation of my dark brown goat MDR. I've got to admit I wanted it to look like Lorcan's (is that an accurate representation?) but mine is more milk chocolate and would only be mistaken for black in a nightime street/club environment.

Out of interest Gauss, which do you prefer?!

Wicked jacket...but personally I've found the zips a bit too flashy and I was expecting it to be darker....buy it someone!

9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I actually prefer your jacket's color, but I like the photo Dbear posted too. Locan's is too close to black, if I wanted black, I would simply buy black. I am aware these are all technically the same leather, but I am basing this off how the pictures show up on my screen. I would probably actually buy your jacket if I wasn't much too small :). I like the zips and feel they contrast nicely. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the apparent shine/glossyness, which I do not care for. It's the reason I queried if there was an unglazed dark brown goat, but there is only a brown, which is much lighter and looks to have a touch of red in it by the photos.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Well my photo is in direct sunlight and quite contrasty so it looks more black. However my jacket definitely isn't 'milk chocolate' colour - more like dark chocolate. lesamurai's pics of his moto are a pretty good representation of dark brown goat http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=12444 and the bomber comparison shot posted above.

11. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

See, this looks dark brown to me:
    While this looks pretty outright black:
    Is it just my monitor?

12. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Have a couple orders in the pipeline and thinking about adding a lighter colored 4 zip CM to the mix. Any opinions on sand vs toffee vs whiskey (lamb)? Leaning bright whiskey with silver zips.

13. 5354

5354 Senior member

Don't do 4zip and CM it's like you're trying to combine something edgy with a jacket that's clean

14. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Its definitely very dark brown - if you put black leather next to it that would be obvious. But it depends on the lighting of the photo really - different light or colour balance and it'll look more brown or more black. The lighter brown ribbing on the bombers probably helps emphasize the color too.

15. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

16. flahertongs

flahertongs Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I'm sorry I took your last post seriously instead of with a pinch of salt.

Also, I'd like to apologise to all members of this forum who felt like I came out swinging and aggressive. My comments weren't meant to be generalised to all of you, but rather a response to the minority of people who, instead of posting anything of value, would rather belittle newcomers and post sarcastic remarks. I think some of this hostility is pretty unwarranted, and obviously others in this thread do too.

It wasn't my intention to berate the thread in the manner you described. I was merely seeking some information. It was only in response to a couple of replies obviously directed toward me that those kind of comments came out, and they weren't directed at all of you.

I actually think this forum is full of helpful people. I got some extremely valuable replies in response to my posts.

Quote:

17. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I measured myself and I also had my personal trainer measure me, same results.

The reality of the situation is this, measuring yourself is very simple and there are a wealth of articles on the Internet for this.

In the worst case scenario that you mess up on measuring, I don't see anybody with a brain can be off more than 0.5" in their measurements. Assuming you are off by 0.5", that isn't going to make or break your jacket.

$800 is a sizeable investment for a jacket, but quite honestly if you are doubting your measurements or Charly for that matter, it really doesn't matter what anyone else in this thread says b/c you will be second guessing or questioning yourself the entire time.

This has nothing to do with how helpful or unhelpful people are in this thread. If you aren't sure about your measurements or Charly's recommendations, no one can assure you otherwise.

If all you're looking for is someone who is similar build to you to message you and say "everything will be okay, you measured correctly" doesn't really do a whole lot of good other than to receive confirmation bias and somehow make you feel better psychologically. Aside from that, I fail to see how that would actually help you in getting a good fitting jacket.

4 people like this.
  18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I got my jacket slightly oversized. Gonna fill it in with muscle. (And sweaters in the meanwhile)

1 person likes this.
  19. flahertongs

flahertongs Well-Known Member

If you actually read my first post, I said nothing about doubting my measurements.

All I did was express my excitement, and the fact that I was nervous as this was my first MTM order. Then I asked for a bit of reassurance. I fail to see how this is half as bad as some people are making it out to be. I certainly never expected such a torrent of negative and disparaging remarks because of it.

As an aside-I disagree that measuring oneself for the first time is as simple as some people here make it out to be. I measured the sleeve length of a leather rider jacket I own, and the measurement differed by a full inch depending on whether the measurement was made to the inside or outside cuff...an inch on the sleeve length CAN make or break the fit, IMO. But that's another debate.

20. Newo

Newo Senior member

Where are all my BCDRs at? Seems like MDRs are poppin' out a plenty, but no early January BCDRs :(