1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's not. Probably a prototype, given it has 4 (5?) buttons on the lapels, and a differently placed arm zip, as well as the seemingly missing epaulets

2. hipster

hipster Senior member

this + its calf not goat

3. click here

click here Senior member

Which jacket would you guys recommend for someone who has never owned a ToJ leather jacket before? Don't think I can pull off any of the DR so thinking either Black lamb CWU or Black lamb Collared Moto jacket. How come there is no love for the CM?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

zara now has varsities lol one raglan with tan suede body and grey jersey sleeve, another with non raglan black pleather sleeve and navy body. shit quality.. but who actually started this trend?

5. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I love my CM. I think the general criticism is that it's kind of a compromise jacket, a somewhat dad-ified version of the regular moto. Also, I think Drew said he was never entirely satisfied with it. It's possible I'm making that last part up, though.

6. flahertongs

flahertongs Well-Known Member

First time posting here...I've been meaning to cop a 4zip MDR with silver hardware for some time, but now it's time to pull the trigger.

Gonna get measured up and send funds through as soon as I can...but I'm on the fence about one thing... Lamb vs calf??

I know Drew recommends the lamb, and I've got a lamb QDR with black hardware that I got off B&S, which I love the tits out of...but I guess I'm worried it might not last AS long as I'll want it to.

I know it drapes beautifully, and takes next to no time to break in, develops well, etc...but I don't know about the calf.

I guess this is directed at the peeps with a calf MDR who also have something in the lamb.

I know the calf will be a journey, in terms of breaking in -but is the end result similar? Will it eventually drape like the lamb and have the same amount of pliability, but added durability? Or will it be stiffer for the entirety of its life?

(Long time lurker, and yes I've searched for the answer...I only found one person's opinion on the debate to be convincingly coherent and would love it if anyone else with experience with BOTH the calf and lamb could share their thoughts.)

Insight much appreciated!

As an aside, I'm pretty bummed about the news-as it seems I'm late to the party. Was planning on copping my first full leather soon, and checking the fit before ordering another few pieces I've had my eyes on. TOJ is pure steeze...

7. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Clearly black/yellow. Or at least do something daring. Black/black is great an all, but rock something different!

8. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

WHERE 2 KAWP AMAZING WINTER PARKA FOR MID THREE FIGURES NOW?

Not sure whether I should allocate my funds towards some exorbitantly priced designer piece or feverishly refresh this thread in the hopes that it'll be put out as a special piece...

9. emilo

emilo Senior member

Yeah, defninietly compromise your preferences in order to rock something different than the 0.000000002% of the worlds population, who are also going to be the happy owners of a TOJ0 jacket.

Or, you could just get whatever you think looks best.

1 person likes this.
  10. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

No, stiff calf won't drape like lamb now matter how much wear you put into it.

11. bertie

bertie Senior member

I think the CM has a timeless look. It is a clean design that can work across a wide age spectrum of wearers. Also, it does not have motorcycle connotations which stops me personally from wearing the DR and banded collar moto. If you like the DR - I think the ToJ version is one of the nicest (and probably best bang for your buck). However, don't think the CM is a compromise in any way - it looks great.

12. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I have a CM and it is perhaps my favorite jacket.

13. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

I agree with you that even if you got black/black, you would certainly be getting something that most people don't have. But if he's genuinely asking for a color scheme, I'd assume he doesn't have a preference yet, thus I'm giving him my opinion: get something that your gut tells you to get. If it's black/black, great! But most on this thread will say "black/black" so, in effort to provide an opposite opinion, I have told him to go against that.

2 people like this.
  14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

SLWK is also a 2 men-based Korean MTO brand with nice outerwear. I've visited their studio&workshop once, and its pretty good.
    I was surprised at the fact that they know ToJ despite the fact that they do not handle leather.

15. 5354

5354 Senior member

How can I contact them?

EDIT: nvm, http://slwk.org/index.html

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  16. AKang

AKang Senior member

Damn... I feel so bad for those who are just starting to get to know TOJ :'(
    So grateful I was able to pick up the jawnz I did.
    Best of luck to you Drew and hope you can revive TOJ in the near future.

On a side note; someone should step up and order like 5 of each size in the TOJ0 and sell that shit 6 months from now.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

Knowing that ToJ won't be around when I eventually become a dad makes me wanna order a CM.

1 person likes this.
  18. rirakuma

rirakuma Senior member

The CWU and moto are pretty different so it depends on what look you're after. If you're planning to wear the jacket for a very long time then you should consider getting goat or calf if you're getting a moto. I personally love the CM but if you're going for a slim fit the moto or the CWU is probably a better choice.

19. Wade

Wade Senior member

Pass whatever it is you're smoking if you think people are actually going to pay over retail for a toj

2 people like this.
  20. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Build the hype up enough, people'll pay.