1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. max_r

max_r Senior member

I spent all mine on expensive guitars. When i got to college i thought it was a bad idea i didn't save anything, but now i dont care since i dont have to change guitars if i go up two suit sizes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Spent a lot on guitars and clothes at that age too.

My taste in music changed significantly between then and now. I barely pull most of my guitars out of their cases. I mostly bought nicer mid priced "superstrats" and other metal/shred centric guitars (nothing will lame flames or skulls on it) . Now I mainly use a basic but nice American telecaster. Clothing wise was kinda the same. Didn't really do the forum trolling back then so I blew money at places like Hugo boss and saks on things I now can't believe i used to wear. Nowadays I still like clothes but I spend far less time fretting about it. I'm rarely compelled these days to do a lot of impulse shopping.

I suppose the lessons I learned are that no matter the hobby, there's a certain amount of trial and error in finding what's right for you. By not obsessing about it, you can probably avoid getting too invested too early in things you'll eventually regret. Just let things come together more organically. Also, I would have saved myself a lot of regrettable purchases had I just spent the money on the thing I wanted originally instead of trying to find "alternatives".

In short, get yourself a toj0 and let your girlfriends wear it. Make sure to get it back when your tryst is over; jawnz are forever

3. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I gave my gf a Jason Bourne annivarsity like 3 years ago for our anniversary. We're still together and she still wears it; fuck diamonds, "jawnz are forever" (tm).

2 people like this.
  4. max_r

max_r Senior member

Mine did too, but I went the other way. I got an american strat, but I just put a JB jr. in the bridge and I play it all the time still. Also a really nice Taylor acoustic, but its still in the US since last time I was there, british airways wouldn't let me bring it back as a carry-on :(

1 person likes this.
  5. Newo

Newo Senior member

What are the chances we'll get a look at new bombers before the old ones are out?

6. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

Any word on suede harringtons returning for spring summer?

7. Cole

Cole Senior member

well this did happen last night..

[​IMG]

not my girlfriend tho. and thats not me. and shes wearing a swimsuit lol

22 people like this.
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That's one for the gallery...

1 person likes this.
  9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

10. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

If she's not your girlfriend then can I have her? [​IMG]

11. Cole

Cole Senior member

well shes only 17 so

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

"Is there a little girl here all by herself? Daddy needs to get his rocks off!"

12 people like this.
  13. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

It doesn't make sense from a business perspective for them to show you a new product and then not have anyone purchase this round of bombers.

He just wanted to show her daddy's Thing

2 people like this.
  14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

If they had inventory to clear, this might be correct. Unless the new bombers are far away from release, it really shouldn't hurt them.

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Has anyone actually received a 2013 DR?

16. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Yeah, I agree, actually. If someone will buy a bomber now, then it won't matter if they save for the release of a new bomber. They're not losing any business.

But, I don't feel like they've shown updated products prior to the cutoffs of the older versions. Though I only arrived on this thread in spring 2012, so I can't really say.

17. Newo

Newo Senior member

No harm in showing the new bomber when the current is MTO. That being said I don't think he has it ready, just wondering if its something that we'll be able to get a glimpse of for an idea of a finished project.

18. Wade

Wade Senior member

the bomber didn't really change much from 2.2 or 2010
    i mean, the patch isn't that big of a deal to me and i actually prefer the pockets of the older ones

doubt there will be any drastic changes this time around

1 person likes this.
  19. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

No, I'd quite like to know when they're being made. ETA was supposedly around 3 weeks - 4 weeks ago. Fingers crossed soon.

20. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

That's what I was told as well.