• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn how thick are they!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They are really noticeably thick and dished, I wore it outside yesterday and I think I saw a couple normal people do double takes. I will get a pic of them down the row in a bit once my phone charges. It's really apparent how nice these buttons are when you see them laced up in a row.

I think the driving point I really wanted to make with this shirt, and I think it's now made, is that shirts you guys are familiar with basically come in two tiers - there's the mass produced things like BoO and their subsequent followers, and even some nicer machine-made things like Black Fleece where they actually try for some things like MOP buttons and single needle, Black Fleece even has a faux hand-attached cuff effect done on machine - but then if you step up and commit to making a shirt with handwork, not cutting corners, not assigning machines to do things because it's cheaper - you're in a different echelon, one that can't be imitated without really coming with the goods. For casual shirts this barely exists, especially in the SW+D conscious. The labor cost is almost 10x as much but it's worth it. It just doesn't get much better than this.

sartbaeklv

Reaction score
fabric looks like it's going to make one natty collar roll. can't wait to see the finished result :slayer:
are these oxfords are going to be mtm?

buran

Reaction score

fabric looks like it's going to make one natty collar roll. can't wait to see the finished result :slayer:
are these oxfords are going to be mtm?

We can hope:
Oh, and we'll continue to use the same size chart, but with v2, I'm open to allowing length changes. That suits most people. I really like the TOJ shirt block, I just wish I could push the quality way up to untouchable status - and now, that's what I am going to attempt to do.
If there's a genuine need for MTM and people can handle the responsibility of measuring themselves, I can consider that too. Part of it being the ultimate shirt means it needs to fit properly too, obviously. Since it's mostly a casual shirt, we may only need basic measurements, like 4 or 5.

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
So happy about normal looking pockets. I always thought a simple horizontal stitch or maybe a shallow v was more than sufficient.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

400 give or take :paranoia:

Didn't I just recently make an elaborate, over the top video explaining that it's not going to be $400?!?! :fu::fu::fu:

Somebody asked how thick the buttons are, here's a little demo:
299297_10101082881304140_1224278055_n.jpg

(disregard vegetable soup splatter stain in this pic :eek: )
548250_10101082881793160_277914170_n.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
'merica! This shirt is nice enough to wear to a $50,000 a plate fundraiser.

486650_10101082892591520_1195403784_n.jpg

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, good thing the church next door woke me up this morning.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why'd you opt against crow foot stitch on the buttons? Pocket shape looks nice. Are there no buttons on that collar? :puzzled:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's very normal looking this time. I wanted to go with a completely non-stylized classic oxford shirt style in v2, and focus on making each major part (fabric, buttons, construction) better than what one normally sees in an oxford.
button snapshot:
246754_10101081254369530_1568683681_n.jpg

Why'd you opt against crow foot stitch on the buttons? Pocket shape looks nice. Are there no buttons on that collar? :puzzled:

check your eyes, my friend. Also, as I said before, the collar wasn't made properly, the shape is right but they forgot to make it button down. :fu: I might sew a couple random buttons on just to show what the roll will be like.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Doh :facepalm: I'll just blame your camera then. Any idea how much longer until they're ready for order?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads