1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

It is pretty warm today, so I just threw it on for you 5354. Maybe I´ll shoot it some other day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I did not do something ugly(like spilling 2% milk) on my t-shirt, it´s just residue from the Windex(I hope)

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. AKang

AKang Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Newo

Newo Senior member

I didn't think I was a big fan of the MDR, especially when suede BCDR is available but that one turned out great. Kudos.

4. nothclif

nothclif Well-Known Member

First TOJ came in today, little over 16 weeks from order to door. Dark Brown Goat Moto Silver 4-zip.
    Fits great, could take in a half inch in the waist probably but roomy enough for something underneath which is what I wanted.

Also pictures don't do the dark brown goat justice, it really does look black unless you get it under a brightly lit area.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Awesome man ^ ... the exact makeup I want...any chance for a full shot?

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What's wrong with herringbone?

7. 5354

5354 Senior member

Nice fit OJKD, I for one agree with reedo and think the whiskey looks good lighter-coloured jeans and dark indigo raw denim. Do not wear khaki &olive chinos would the MDR because there's a lack of contrast IMO.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Reedo said black jeans wouldn't work, but I think they would. Also try ocbds too. Also scrolling down on the shorts and wood paneling was pretty funny.

9. Distorbiant

How warm is the suiting wool MA-1?

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Herringbone to me has the connotation of living in colder weather. I live in California and that is the thing holding me back from getting the wool MA-1.

And to your question about the warmth seriously just search nub. It's been answered at least twice.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

herringbone is dope, that was one of the pluses for me.

12. Distorbiant

Please don't call me names. [​IMG]

13. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

Just got my black wool ma-1 today and I absolutely love the way it looks.

However, it's a little too slim for me so it will go to B&S as soon as I can take some decent pics.

To anyone interested I order a size 48 with 44 lengths. I can give detailed measurements to anyone who wants them.

14. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Black and brown can work together, but for me its sort of rare that it would look better than a predominantly black or predominantly brown outfit. If the guy doesn't even know what to wear with a moto, i think black/brown combo probably wouldnt be the best way to start. Personal preference i guess

Again, another personal nitpick for me but it's really reminiscent of A. old people clothing and B. the kind of shit I would buy when I was first getting into clothing. So many herringbone blazers, why god why

Plus, it's just not that visually appealing to me. Plain black is infinitely better imo

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

you guys are overestimating the obviousness of the herringbone. it's very subtle, you can't tell unless it's like 6" from your face.

4 people like this.
  16. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

BUT THE JACKET WILL ALWAYS BE 6 INCHES FROM YOUR FACE

5 people like this.
  17. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I've had at least 4+ tabs of different ToJ jackets open for the past several days, deliberating on what to choose.

Can't. Freaking. Decide.

18. Newo

Newo Senior member

That is by far one of the best bots I've ever seen.

3 people like this.
  19. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Anyone else who recieved the MA-1 recently notice the more pronounced herringbone pattern? I'd like to see pics, curious as to how it looks now.

20. Cole

Cole Senior member

so I'm 17 years old, just recently got a well paying job and a car and someone offered to buy my bass guitar and amp for $140 (I have $45 now). I make approx. $140 a week but I have to pay for my phone bill/insurance/pay my mom back for half of the car ($50/$71 $86 respectively, per month) plus gas. also of course stuff comes up with buying food/going out with friends/etc. should I sell my toj0 2011 and save up for a toj (mdr or bcdr most likely) considering I can't really even wear the toj0 2011 until fall?

insight would be appreciated.

doing the math: I make approx. $560 a month - $207 in fees makes $353 a month but food and gas tears off a big chunk of that (my car only gets 20mpg and I drive quite a bit, its about 15 miles to get to work, and i work three days a week).

I have $45 plus $140 (bass and amp) plus $250ish(if I sell the toj0) makes $435.

$780-$435 is $345 which I could earn in two months probably.

oh and totally forgot I'm getting $50 tomorrow so thats $295 to be earned.

so yeah sorry for the rambling, im sort of thinking as I write. so should I sell my toj0 and save up for a full leather model? alternatives to spend my money would be: blowing it on food (yeah, bad idea), smaller fashion purchases, subwoofers for my car (probably also a bad idea) or a mountain bike.