• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

emilo

Reaction score
Alright. So I am looking to order the BB jacket with the next paycheck.

Does anyone have any input regarding color, i.e. should a dark-blond scandinavian guy get the grey because the tan would be too close to the hair/skin color?
Also, does anyone have experience with the size of the BB compared TOJ1?

.. And yea yea, I WILL email Charly. When I've got the money to send the order.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
size up on bball (from regular size, I don't have reference to compare with toj1)

Last edited:

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely size one up for the bball. I had the TOJ1 in the same size I get the approximate size I get the leathers in and I was barely able to zip it up. For reference, I sized up from a 48 to a 50 and it feels more comfortable. There's a fit pic a few pages back.

dePt

Reaction score
Olive calf DR just arrived at my door. I'm unable to understand how the hell they managed to sew this into a jacket. Outdoor pics will follow. Indoor lighting does not do it justice. No doubt this needs some hard wear.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dude, in all honesty, I don't either. I underestimate their machines. Or maybe their will. I just realized, I am probably losing ****** on the flat shipping with the olive calf jackets. lol

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

any updates re: moto jacket + armor?

Yes, somebody pm'ed me and I haven't gotten around to answering that yet, but I got some photos from my friend that turned out not so good, can't see much of what I wanted to show. I guess at this point we're either a) fairly ready to go on those if people understand what they are, or b) need to maybe poll some more amongst serious interest regarding some feature stacks in those jackets. I was ready to go with D30 6mm off the shelf sets for the armor set, and I realize I will hear nothing but complaining about that pretty much - but the point is to keep these jackets almost indetectibly armored and somewhere in between a classic leather jacket and a full-on armored jacket. It's a compromise thing where we're balancing style and performance.

johanm

Reaction score
Crappy pics of a black goatskin A-2 below.

Impressions: the biggest surprise is that the goatskin is basically as soft and pliable as the lamb, and lighter in weight. Definitely more luxurious than I was expecting. I think I sized it decently, though maybe could have gone a little looser at the waist (you can see from the zipped up shot that I am stretching out the ribbing).

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score
Do most of you folks get your DRs shorter than your bombers? I wear my trousers at my hips, and my bomber just goes over the waistband (5'11", 23.0)

I wear my shirts untucked, so I thought too short might look odd...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a good fit johan. You guys should use modern-fitting jeans as your reference point if you're gonna use them at all - trousers are too high, as you can see from johan's pic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads