1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

Yup, that's also where my MDR hits. Above the belt line when slouching, on belt/below when not. And the fit on the sherwood MDR is all over the place, the side shot is disastrous [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It's open in the side shot and floating away from the body, what the fuck do you expect?

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

it's ok to say that it doesn't fit well. the world isn't going to collapse.

i think it's too big in the waist. slouchy works great on bombers, double riders not so much.

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i think the fit isn't my taste, but i think commenting on the open shot where it's obviously being pushed away from the body, is stupid.

1 person likes this.
  5. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

No, sorry. There are plenty of open side shots of MDRs that aren't "floating" away from the body.

6. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

the horizontal zips on the dr have a tendency to push out the sides of the jacket because they're pretty stiff compared to the leather. happens to me too with my qdr and mine definitely isn't too big.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Moral of the story? Nobody post poor angle pics of box fresh jackets.

3 people like this.
  8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that's not what i said. but the position he's in obviously causes it to float away. i can make my jacket look just like that, too.

noticing that a fit has issues is fine, but it seems like people take a certain glee in doing so in this thread and make a big deal out of minor issues, which seems especially mean since it's a non-returnable MTM piece.

4 people like this.
  9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I think the problem with that jacket is that it doesn't look very tapered going from shoulders to waist. Not sure if it's the photo, jacket, fit, or body-type causes such a thing. Having the sleeve cuffs unzipped definitely takes away from the fit too, as it makes it look like the area near the waist is flaring even further.

It's still an awesome jacket. The bad photography hurts it more than anything else. I'd like to see some better fit pics, personally.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Man give it a rest, all I wanted was a Sherwood photo and now he's getting a cray amount of hate for one balling jacket

1 person likes this.
  11. otc

otc Senior member

flown tons of times in a suit. number of times bumped to first class when asking for a seat change: zero.

fly once in a ToJ and I'm drinking free booze, chowing on warm nuts and being brought fresh baked cookies.

10 people like this.
  12. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Isn't it free booze anytime it's international...?

13. abracadabra

abracadabra Senior member

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

It is, most people just don't know (and there are limits to the quality of booze you can get).

15. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

nice i'll be getting free booz when going to san fran next month then haw haw.

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

NW has been charging for beer since before I could even legally buy beer. lol. When you are underage, $10 for a Budweiser seems liek a relative bargain...

17. impolyt_one

BTW the Sherwood MDR fits just like other MDRs, the heavy calf suede is just rather stiff and heavy out of the box, it's definitely not the lambskin. Also, if you guys haven't noticed over the past 4 years, the DR's tend to look wider at the bottom when unzipped....

2 people like this.
  18. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Finally going in for another leather sometime this month, and I don't know if I want to stick to a black channel quilt bcdr, or go with steel calf suede... Or maybe a black calf gold zip 2013dr. :confused:

19. impolyt_one

channel quilt BCDR

2 people like this.
  20. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

I'm a big fan of the quilting length you guys decided on in the end, btw. :satisfied:

Will that be the standard for all of the bcdr's (men/women/diamond/channel)? Or is this something that people discuss with Charly in sizing?
    Just asking since the latest fitpic of the women's qbcdr featured quilting a bit shorter than what we saw on the original model.