1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. icwhp

icwhp Member

nice jacket bro but pens in the arm pocket of an MA-1 like that, really?

2. buran

buran Well-Known Member

Desperately waiting for the official sf-approved baller pen thread. Until then public mirror shot.

[​IMG]

edit: page 2000 on 15 posts per page, fuck yeah!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    25 people like this.
  3. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

you should....fix that shop to something less....flesh colored..... unless that was intentional...

1 person likes this.
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

wow the fit on Buran's looks so good, sold me on the MA-1 way more than bows fit (which is also good in a different way/style)

3 people like this.
  5. mimogger

mimogger Member

How did you guys decide to pull the trigger on your first TOJ, or any leather in general? I really like the look of the MDR's, but when browsing the marketplace, it looks like some people bought it, tried it on, and decided they couldn't pull it off and are now trying to sell them.

How did you guys get into that mindset? Did you just try on somewhat similar leathers in stores and decide that was a good enough reference?

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

You ask yourself: "Do I dare? To fly? To catch at that effervescent puff of cloud that hangs, tantalizingly, Sisyphean, ever out of reach? To cast off my chains and free my mind and body, forever?"

Then you go to paypal and hit "submit."

Then you win.

Forever.

22 people like this.
  7. NotClever

NotClever Well-Known Member

I just said "I want a leather jacket, these guys look like they make a really nice one, and it's MTM and exponentially cheaper than anything comparable I can find. Sounds like the ticket."

If you're worried about pulling it off there are plenty of styles that are not "aggressive" like the bombers or even the collared moto (which was my choice for similar reasons).

1 person likes this.
  8. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

It took me almost 6months to decide to dish out the money for my MDR. I realized over those 6 months I spent well over $800 on stupid sub-par quality items that were more or less just "trendy" pieces to have at the time. $800 for a made-to-measure leather jacket of this quality is just unheard of. Go shopping for leather jackets, go out and actually feel the leathers, try it on, look at the construction of it and then look at their price tag, you will see that $800 is pocket change compared to the sub-par leathers that are out there on the market.

I think most of the people who end up selling are those who just didn't like the way it fit them. They will sell it and most likely order another one with some adjustments; that's what I did with my first MDR.

There's a reason why all these people here are okay with sending over $800+ and waiting months for a jacket... it's worth it.

3 people like this.
  9. doublebb

doublebb Well-Known Member

+1

If you want a high quality, classic, leather that actually fits.... do yourself a favor and pull the trigger.

10. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

The first purchase is a bit awkward because you are dropping a lot of money on something you can't see in person based on the opinions of a forum. You wait, and you wait some more. After awhile, your leather comes....then all of a sudden you have 3-4 of em.

Basically I wanted a high quality leather with longer lengths. TOJ fit the bill.

Sizing: Charly knows what he is doing, he won't size you for something that won't fit. However, I will suggest you go for the "looser (or 1.1 as some call it)" option. People do get into trouble trying to go too slim, but there are very few cases of people going too big. The first jacket is a little bit of a crapshoot, but you get a feel for things after that. Measure your body measurements and then find a leather jacket you like the fit of, and send both measurements. More information is always beneficial.

11. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

I'm sold on the MA-1.

12. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Do not be afraid to start with a rider, you will thank yourself later

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

It's not rocket science to wear a rider, but most remorseful buyers just lack confidence (fewer genuinely lack a wardrobe to go with one). In the end, it's probably best if those people don't kop and post terribad fits (or maybe Drew's wallet would prefer they kopped and just hoarded them :D). I looked forward to Bows pics for two reasons 1) high quality multiple angle shots usually and 2) his build more closely resembles mine. Thanks Bows, your pic has been reposted 2000+ times.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

All my copping is on hiatus until we figure out if (a) that was a toj duffle and (b) how much is it and (c) when we can order

2 people like this.
  15. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Thanks cyc. Mine also fits a lot like buran's it just didnt come across as well because, as Moo called out, I wasn't as relaxed as usual in the photos. And for some reason I forgot to shoot the front shot unzipped (which is my personal fav) so all you have is the zipped shot.

16. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

That fucking zip on the MA-1.

1 person likes this.
  17. AKang

AKang Well-Known Member

I hope I get my lambskin MA-1 in time for 4th of July. There will be plenty of fit pics to go around. Plus fireworks. [​IMG]

18. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

been wearing the anaconda labia rider a lot lately, will try to get some pics soon

2 people like this.
  19. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Well-Known Member

bombers look better with wear everywhere. probably true of the wool ma-1 as well.

i try to use all of the pockets on my leather A2&CWU-45 (including pens in the arm office).
    pristine pockets and stuff look weird when the ribbing stretches and the leather relaxes and creases.

1 person likes this.
  20. L.R.

L.R. Well-Known Member

Now, do you wish you had gone with the calf or goat(which I assume has more lasting power), or has the lamb otherwise been the right choice? I'm asking as a guy who intends to keep the collar up often.