1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Well-Known Member

I can't quite pin the exact colour of cracked pepper from the pictures and I'm trying to buy boots to wear with the parka I'm thinking dark brown to match the leather details but want to get the colour right. I guess I'll just wait until it arrives/TOJ release of fox fur lined boots

2. skyline

skyline Well-Known Member

some pics of my brown calf bomber, bought last summer been wearing the hell out of it last couple of seasons [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I remember when I first put this on thinking "damn this thing is stiff and tight". trust that the calf softens up considerably with wear, draping and fitting better as you break it in. I'm glad I stuck with it as it's currently my favorite jacket, I also get complimented on it all the time. best. purchase. ever.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

That is a nice bomber, but it still looks brand new for you "wearing the hell out of it". Beat it up a bit. [​IMG]

4. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

That is a nice bomber, but it still looks brand new for you "wearing the hell out of it". Beat it up a bit. [​IMG]

Is there any way to beat it up faster short of falling off a bike or wearing it in a downpour/washing machine? Maybe getting in a bar fight or two. Calf is pretty damn tough.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I can't quite pin the exact colour of cracked pepper from the pictures and I'm trying to buy boots to wear with the parka I'm thinking dark brown to match the leather details but want to get the colour right. I guess I'll just wait until it arrives/TOJ release of fox fur lined boots

It'd go with browns, chocolate brown (like the bomber right above) is the natural compliment, as the cracked pepper stuff gets trimmed in that leather already.

6. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

so what, you thought he used bad leathers?

lol

[​IMG]
    Update on the calf bomber (sorry for the blurry phone pic) this is hands down my favourite jacket, the quality is unsurpassable.

nice fit!

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

fuck, with all those pics of bombers, making me reconsider the moto.
    drew does the bomber come with double zips?

8. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie but this jacket is just so amazing (bomber). I just still can't get over it lol.. best money I have ever spent! On clothing that is. Actually, probably on everything.

9. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

It'd go with browns, chocolate brown (like the bomber right above) is the natural compliment, as the cracked pepper stuff gets trimmed in that leather already.

Does this include the peacoat? I was wanting to buy desert boots to compliment the cracked pepper colorway too.

10. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to beat it up faster short of falling off a bike or wearing it in a downpour/washing machine?
    Just wear it

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

some pics of my brown calf bomber, bought last summer been wearing the hell out of it last couple of seasons
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I remember when I first put this on thinking "damn this thing is stiff and tight". trust that the calf softens up considerably with wear, draping and fitting better as you break it in. I'm glad I stuck with it as it's currently my favorite jacket, I also get complimented on it all the time. best. purchase. ever.

DAMN. Word of advice... if you order a ToJ leather and want it looking pristine for years, get calf! Lamb, not so much: [​IMG] Pic taken about five minutes ago...

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

I received the replacement button down shirt today (after the original order mistake).. I'm really excited about these shirts and will definately re-order. The fit is perfect for me and I can't think of anything else in the price range that even comes close to fit or quality. I honestly like everything about it.. but I'd like to put it out there to maybe offer a second option for buttons. The thick mop (?) buttons are nice and actually match the overall aesthetic better than anything else I can think of (yeah it's a basic style but there is enough detail that it really has a unique 'feel' to it) . But if you come across a thinner button set that works as well, offered as an alternative, that would be awesome. Anyways, thanks for the great work and I know you've mentioned that the button downs are going to be coming back big in spring so I'm looking forward to it.

13. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

Bacon, isn't that the very first toj bomber ever? the jacket as a whole probably looks great from the weatherbeaten character.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Bacon, isn't that the very first toj bomber ever? the jacket as a whole probably looks great from the weatherbeaten character.
    It is and I've been pretty good about not wearing it out in the rain. [​IMG] tbh, that pic is at the worst angle in the worst light.

15. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

I don't know wether to get a grey suede bomber or a black calf bomber

Damn

16. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

17. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

But I have so much black outerwear already!

Help me TOJ, your my only hope

18. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

19. impolyt_one

it may just be down due to a pixi thing, I'm not sure. You have the correct URL btw, and if people forget, you can follow a link to the gallery via: www.templeofjawnz.com

20. impolyt_one

I don't know wether to get a grey suede bomber or a black calf bomber

Damn

Black calf bomber.

The reason we don't offer too many choices of materials anymore is because once the door opens to customizations, things get real ugly, real quick. [​IMG]