TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. halisray

halisray Senior member

synthese better pick up this band collar dr and rock that shit

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Baseball jacket we are making in two sample colors; there will be three total choices: red, navy, or tan cow suede. The trim will be the beige with red and blue stripes on all. The preview pic I posted was the jacket minus buttons, buttons are gonna be MOP. The lining is blue and white ox cloth. It's not a difficult jacket to make, it's based on the varsity, so I'm gonna put it out for a good price, $400. Kind of a varsity jacket placeholder til the bloods and the crips stop the varsity fighting.

3. impolyt_one

mmm need pics of that baseball jacket. so good.

If you were raf's canadian brother, what would you cop? I'm getting the duffle next week (new dad present [​IMG]), but what leather hmmmmm

If I were Raf Simons' Canadian brother, I'd skip the duffle if it wasn't ordered, and get the fishtail like you had been talking about [​IMG] and then the 2011 DR or the Quilt DR, black or medium grey....

4. impolyt_one

also, I washed the dark grey sample jacket, and the medium grey sample. The medium grey took the wash very nicely, I soaked it down gently in hot water til it was well saturated, didn't touch it, and let it dry.
    I did the same thing to the dark grey, but there's some white powder rising to the surface as it dries, I'm guessing it's salt or an agent from the dying process. It's kind of bothering me to know it reacts this way to the water (I've never seen this before with any of the other leather I've washed) so I'm thinking of pulling the dark grey and making all greys that medium grey. The two shades are so close together (the 2011 DR was medium grey, the next day's jacket, the collared Moto, was dark grey, you can see in the first post that they are really close in color) that having the two colors is kind of a moot point, and one leather is definitely better than the other.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The new BCDR today is medium grey, right?

6. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

Baseball jacket we are making in two sample colors; there will be three total choices: red, navy, or tan cow suede. The trim will be the beige with red and blue stripes on all. The preview pic I posted was the jacket minus buttons, buttons are gonna be MOP. The lining is blue and white ox cloth. It's not a difficult jacket to make, it's based on the varsity, so I'm gonna put it out for a good price, $400. Kind of a varsity jacket placeholder til the bloods and the crips stop the varsity fighting.

is this suede baseball or varsity toj0 thicker? need to ask cos i need the thinner one. (equatorial problem)

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

baseball jacket....yess!

drew, do you anticipate the baseball jacket still being available towards the end of this summer?

8. digilypse

digilypse Member

also, I washed the dark grey sample jacket, and the medium grey sample. The medium grey took the wash very nicely, I soaked it down gently in hot water til it was well saturated, didn't touch it, and let it dry.
    I did the same thing to the dark grey, but there's some white powder rising to the surface as it dries, I'm guessing it's salt or an agent from the dying process. It's kind of bothering me to know it reacts this way to the water (I've never seen this before with any of the other leather I've washed) so I'm thinking of pulling the dark grey and making all greys that medium grey. The two shades are so close together (the 2011 DR was medium grey, the next day's jacket, the collared Moto, was dark grey, you can see in the first post that they are really close in color) that having the two colors is kind of a moot point, and one leather is definitely better than the other.

Damn, I had ordered a dark grey DR. It probably won't be too big of a problem if it just gets a bit wet in the rain, though?

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Would love to see the baseball jacket in a grey suede. However, going to purchase one either way.

10. impolyt_one

The new BCDR today is medium grey, right?

that is our brown, dude. [​IMG] This is kinda why color requests and photos, even photoshops, they drive me crazy, because I use a mac and my color calibration is pretty neutral, but if you're on random computers and phones the colors on the forums are kinda weird. Charly sends me pictures from his PC and the colors are off.

11. impolyt_one

is this suede baseball or varsity toj0 thicker? need to ask cos i need the thinner one. (equatorial problem)

they're about equal weight, the baseball jacket is probably lighter because it doesn't have wool on it. It's definitely a Spring/Summer jacket for sure. It's 'cute' for lack of a better descriptor [​IMG]

12. impolyt_one

Damn, I had ordered a dark grey DR. It probably won't be too big of a problem if it just gets a bit wet in the rain, though?

Well, you have your choice at this point, since not many have ordered the dark grey so far - you can still have dark grey while understanding my caveat about the water, or go with the medium grey, which is really that close in color to the dark grey and has no issues with water (I've washed that medium grey lamb many times over the past two years). [​IMG]

I would be leery of putting the blue, the green, and the whisky through soaks as well, now that I know. Black and the medium grey do fine. It's just that each color has a unique dying process, the way they do black is very different from other colors.

13. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

I have been mulling over it and I have an imaginary secret menu item I want to add: let's make the option for the Moto with an invisible snap on the collarband as before, and then revise the cuffs and hem to the 2011 DR/collared Moto style, so convertible cuffs and banded hem. 2 Motos for your enjoyment. Off the menu steez.

fuck. you sold me. now to come up with $710...

14. themidship22

themidship22 Senior member

That '11 DR has about made me decide to sell my original and invest in a gray '11.
    Also I've had 1-2 people tell me I should size down on my original DR, so with all these reasons I think I sold myself. Who wants a 48 black lambskin original DR!

Also I'm super stoked to see this baseball jacket. I want a nice light spring/summer jacket.

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Also, I don't know where TaT are made, but he has an unbeatable price and allows tons of flexibility. I'm saying I would literally pay $300 for just the labor and materials on a jacket of the quality I'd want to make, and that's very middle of the road, passable suit fabric, that stuff gets way more expensive. It's not cheap in Korea to make stuff. It would be in Thailand, Vietnam, but I can't get down there to do something like that.

And the biggest issue in Vietnam is fabric. Importing rolls of legit wool from italy isn't cheap. Yes labor is dead cheap, but the suit game is the same all over the world. #1 you need various fittings and #2 quality depends on fabric AND tailor. It's very hard to do this when you're not in the country. But that being said, find a legit tailor and good cloth and you'll have the best blazer/suit you ever bought for half the price of 1st world standards.