1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I thought Newo was joking but to add my 2 cents, NK provoked attacks almost every year when the US and SK had a military training together (known as Key Resolve).
    Its just that this time it is a bit harsher since both sides of Korea have recently had their new leaders and NK felt the need to act hard. Most of my friends are in the army right now and not many seem to care.
    ps. My girlfriend has a traditional Korean dress hanbok made in North Korea. They are gorgeous.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

I am really lost when it comes to estimating my size. I own a leather jacket but its so small that I have no idea how much should be added to have it fit well. Would it be a fair assumption to say that a stock 50 fits correct if a Gitman shirt size M fits me perfectly?

3. Will toj offer lead lined jackets so I can look good in the post nuclear apocalypse wasteland?

4 people like this.
  4. slstr

slstr Senior member

Don't estimate, measure.

4 people like this.
  5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

If you're looking at a full leather, you'll be swimming in a 50. try the link below.

http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i don't think most people realize that the whole north korea thing is totally blown out of proportions outside of korea. no one in south korea really gives a fuck lol

1 person likes this.
  7. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

you should probably go back to bed for a month or two

8. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

I already looked at that, and as I dont own any jacket that fits like a leather should, and my other ones being intended for winter I went with this logic:

Gitman Bros shirt size M:
    pit-pit 41.7
    Shoulder 18.5

to me it looks quite close to ToJ 50, but I am not sure taking account for layering. What makes you think i would be swimming it a 50?

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

don't use shirts to measure for jackets. -_-

6 people like this.
  10. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Measure your body, dude. And worst case scenario, if you have no jackets, go to a store, find a jacket that fits you and then take measurements from that. Charly should be able to guide you after your measurements are made.

2 people like this.
  11. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

TRUST THE PROCESS, caps lock not intended but emphasis is appropriate.

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Hey look, common sense.

13. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Not many people in the US really give a shit either lol

2 people like this.
  14. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

[​IMG]

Blue/Navy Lambskin Collared Moto. The lamb on this thing is wicked soft, probably the softest leather I have ever felt.

15 people like this.
  15. bertie

bertie Senior member

If I may ask - are you happy with the fit?

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

HOW TO FIND ANSWERS TO TOJ/JOHN COPPIDGE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEAD RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT SITTING AROUND WAITING OR FILLING UP THE THREAD WITH CLUTTER OR RELYING ON OTHER PEOPLE FOR HELP BECAUSE THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE AND YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO USE IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT HARD, DAMMIT.

"leather super hero effect" eh?

What words immediately stick out from that that would help you narrow down a search and eliminate any unnecessary results?

I don't know about you, but "superhero" stood out.

So, let's scroll up to the top of the thread and what do you see on the left? A "Search This Thread" feature, right?

[​IMG]

Right. Now click on it and this should show up:

[​IMG]

You are searching for the word "superhero," so input it like so:

[​IMG]

But wait, you said Drew mentioned it, correct? Well then, click on "Advanced search options" like so:

[​IMG]

Now there's an area for you to put in Drew's username. But wait, maybe you know how to spell his username off the top of your head or maybe you forgot? IT DOESN'T MATTER because all you need are the first few letters, see?

[​IMG]

And all the results autofill for you... look how convenient! Now click on the correct name:

[​IMG]

Now click "SEARCH"

[​IMG]

Wow, that was fast and precise with only one post matching what you were looking for!

[​IMG]

Obviously, you can't see everything from this page, so click "VIEW FULL POST"

[​IMG]

Bringing you directly to his post/your answer that you were looking for:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/217855/the-new-official-toj-thread-2011/8880#post_4812339
    [​IMG]

And it all took less than one minute! That's a shorter amount of time than it would have taken for someone to answer your question or have it completely ignored if Synthese were to post a fit pic directly after your post/question.
    This goes for everyone:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]​

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    34 people like this.
  17. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

wow. I actually...didn't know how to do that.

2 people like this.
  18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Synth, if you had posted a pic, nobody would have read Willy's post. You're a good man.

5 people like this.
  19. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Yeah, but I have a few TOJ leathers now, so I have a pretty good idea of things at this point. If you are concerned about your order fitting, my standard advice is to trust Charly and don't tell him you want it real tight (if you are familiar with the "ratios", go with 1.1). If you are on the edge between two things, go larger. TOJ house cuts are slim as is. You may wish to take what I say with a grain of salt though, I am not as big a stickler for fit as some of the other guys.

20. Newo

Newo Senior member

Willy that post is going to be largely pointless if it's not stapled to the front page and on every one of your forum signatures. Also, pin it to the tumblr as well.