TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

So tempted on a navy quilted DR. At first I thought it would be a unique piece that wouldn't work too well with many pieces, but I will make it a mission to wear it with my dress shoes. [​IMG]

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Drew, you should change the official name of the collared moto to "gothninja dad jacket" because that's pretty much what it is to me now. DO WANT can't decide on a color though.

That's exactly what I think about it too, it IS the gothninja dad jacket. I washed it and so it's drying still, but I will get some fit pics soon. I will style it two ways to show you how versatile it is. I think Stanley vanburen could pull it off with a footwear change, I think snake or nicelynice could wear it, that's a good range.

3. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

got damn. I know for sure that you will have an order from me tomorrow but I don't know if it will be the 3zip DR or the gothninja dad jacket. I have to do some biz-kaji myself sometimes but it seems like the new DR is versatile and styles really well with dress shirts too. I suppose I'll know what i'm getting once fit pics of the new moto go up

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Non-leather $300 recommendations?

ToJ blazer.

I would definitely be keen for a blazer around this price point.

It might have to be a little more. I can't see Drew making one without all the MC buzzwords (fully canvased, surgeon cuffs, basted collar- i have no idea wtf basted means but anyway).

it'd pretty hard to find blazers in nice fabrics + nice colours + perfect fit

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

^
    I'm not sure. IIRC, TaT makes suits for $480+ (more if better fabric), and don't quote me on this but I recall them being fully canvassed, having working buttonholes, etc.

If one can get their hands on bulk pricing for the fabric and a competent tailor to make the blazers, it would be conceivable. But this would be if Drew wanted to make a blazer.

6. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

^
    I'm not sure. IIRC, TaT makes suits for $480+ (more if better fabric), and don't quote me on this but I recall them being fully canvassed, having working buttonholes, etc.

If one can get their hands on bulk pricing for the fabric and a competent tailor to make the blazers, it would be conceivable. But this would be if Drew wanted to make a blazer.

not hatin, but from what i've seen from toj, id rather stick to a good rtw and have it tailored.

7. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

TOJ has the lock on MTM casual outerwear I don't know why they'd want to try and compete with TaT and have to find competent tailors and fabric suppliers for nicer wools, adding to their overhead.

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^

true, true.

only thing i don't like about the TaT is the relatively low armholes that i've seen in pics.

I think a ToJ blazer would be much different from TaT in terms of cut and style though, but also mainly details.

It all depends if Drew wants to get into it, but the leather lining on the peacoat and chesterfield was a slightly different touch. Don't think it'd work on a blazer, but there may be other non-standard little details he might add to make it a distinguishable piece

9. impolyt_one

Don't get too deep in this blazer talk, I can't make a decent blazer for $300; I can't even make a crappy blazer for $300

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah i thought it'd have to be more than $300. Is it on the cards at all?

11. impolyt_one

I doubt it, blazers are hardly forgiving in terms of sizing, and people would bitch and moan incessantly about measuring, sizing, fit, etc. I can get the quality needed but the sizing game is just not something I'd want to be fussed with.

12. impolyt_one

Also, I don't know where TaT are made, but he has an unbeatable price and allows tons of flexibility. I'm saying I would literally pay $300 for just the labor and materials on a jacket of the quality I'd want to make, and that's very middle of the road, passable suit fabric, that stuff gets way more expensive. It's not cheap in Korea to make stuff. It would be in Thailand, Vietnam, but I can't get down there to do something like that.

13. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

Quilt on leather jackets on the shoulders and elbows is typically used as a bit of padding for the high impact areas in the event of a motorcycle wreck. Its a really nice touch and adds a utilitarian, edgy sort of vibe that comes from legit motorcycle leathers such as the lewis leathers these quilted models are based on. Also that ribbed sort of panelling seen on the arms of the band collar dr is where (in a legit riding leather) the stretch panels go, typically on the back of the arm above the elbow, to give that added flex and comfort in the riding position. While i do love seeing these details on the new toj leathers i gotta admit im a little hesitant to rock on of these knowing that these insanely well crafted details are indeed just decorative. I guess id just feel kind of like a poser, since these leathers are only coming in lamb they obviously cant be worn while riding. I ordered a calf dr for riding about a month ago and id love a band collar with the quilt but i would really prefer it in calf or fqhh to avoid having a fashion only piece. I feel like for tojs price range, i need something protective, a tool which i can use while riding and still look sick when im off the bike. Anyway could Iget the jacket in calf or fqhh and just have the detailing in matching lamb? Best of both worlds. Also is burgundy anything available yet for use in these new leathers (i want a burgundy band collar dr), since the markets got all that new stuff?

Drew given any thought to this? Im already drooling at the though out the band collar dr and havent even seen it yet.

14. impolyt_one

that doesn't work man. I think you are also overthinking it just a tad there - it's just clothes man. Clothes in themselves are decorative. :p

15. impolyt_one

sneak preview: [​IMG]