TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

re: questions of lamb's durability, i've been wearing the shit out of my lamb moto for close to a year - like, getting fall-down drunk in it, storing it in a heap on the floor, etc. it's picked up some good nicks and scrapes, but i think they've just added character, and construction-wise, it's in fantastic shape. i'll try to take some evo pics tonight.

please post, sounds like just how I'd treat my jacket

2. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

All of these are pretty much spot-on, except the blue is like a dark royal blue (not as dark as navy) and the green doesn't have that much brown in it - it's purer green, and a shade darker as well.

The medium grey looks like you have there, and then the dark grey is a shade darker.

Made the corrections. let me know how these look.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

moto pics don't look as good because the start image quality wasn't as nice [​IMG]

3. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

damn! so many options with the DR . But the minimalist DR is my new favorite. looks like it'll fit anyone's style without being too over the top. buy my 2010 DR so I can buy the minimalist DR! [​IMG]

4. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

got to try on my friends cracked pepper peacoat today, hes too lazy to post a fit so ill do it for him ~really bad cellphone quality picture warning~
    [​IMG]
    im 5'9" 150lb for reference, the peacoat is a size small i think he might have had some tailoring done to the sleeves im not sure

5. aether

aether Senior member

_____

6. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Drew, you should change the official name of the collared moto to "gothninja dad jacket" because that's pretty much what it is to me now. DO WANT can't decide on a color though.

7. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

So very tempted by collared moto in whiskey...

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

This guy deserves a TOJ leather.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

Is there some kind of official guide to self-measure? Seems like TOJ has advised that they don't follow the guides that some users have posted here. I think Drew mentioned on the superfuture thread that he'd drop some detailed tips. Starting with a good-fitting jacket will only get me so far, as I'm not sure a good fitting chesterfield would entirely relate over to a leather.

Some of the fit pics (e.g., the peacoat a few pages back) have me concerned, and I want to nail it if I'm dropping $710-$760 on a final sale. Also, Drew, would a good fitting TOJ safari be a good proxy - as an inexpensive way to test fit?

10. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

Is there some kind of official guide to self-measure? Seems like TOJ has advised that they don't follow the guides that some users have posted here. I think Drew mentioned on the superfuture thread that he'd drop some detailed tips. Starting with a good-fitting jacket will only get me so far, as I'm not sure a good fitting chesterfield would entirely relate over to a leather.

Some of the fit pics (e.g., the peacoat a few pages back) have me concerned, and I want to nail it if I'm dropping $710-$760 on a final sale. Also, Drew, would a good fitting TOJ safari be a good proxy - as an inexpensive way to test fit?

E-mail Charly. He can answer all these questions (and MORE!).

11. aether

aether Senior member

Wearing the LL Europa that the new quilted DR is modeled after. There was one Opening Ceremony Tron DR that was the same color as the color-contrast jackets shown [​IMG]

12. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

Quilt on leather jackets on the shoulders and elbows is typically used as a bit of padding for the high impact areas in the event of a motorcycle wreck. Its a really nice touch and adds a utilitarian, edgy sort of vibe that comes from legit motorcycle leathers such as the lewis leathers these quilted models are based on. Also that ribbed sort of panelling seen on the arms of the band collar dr is where (in a legit riding leather) the stretch panels go, typically on the back of the arm above the elbow, to give that added flex and comfort in the riding position. While i do love seeing these details on the new toj leathers i gotta admit im a little hesitant to rock on of these knowing that these insanely well crafted details are indeed just decorative. I guess id just feel kind of like a poser, since these leathers are only coming in lamb they obviously cant be worn while riding. I ordered a calf dr for riding about a month ago and id love a band collar with the quilt but i would really prefer it in calf or fqhh to avoid having a fashion only piece. I feel like for tojs price range, i need something protective, a tool which i can use while riding and still look sick when im off the bike. Anyway i could get the jacket in calf or fqhh and just have the detailing in matching lamb? Best of both worlds. Also is burgundy anything available yet for use in these new leathers (i want a burgundy band collar dr), since the markets got all that new stuff?

13. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

just ordered a collared moto in dark grey! im pumped beyond belief.

14. kinggimp

kinggimp Senior member

So very tempted by collared moto in whiskey...

my thoughts exactly...

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Made the corrections. let me know how these look.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

those look great, all spot-on. The red is opaque and doesn't have as much translucency as that, but all spot on.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]