1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bertie

bertie Senior member

Two words: goatskin. More seriously - could do an older style military duffle that opens at the top. Most I have seen use crappy cheap canvas (recycled or otherwise) and are too big. Something weekend/carry-on size out of leather (or mixed materials) with a shoulder strap would also work and be unique and in the spirit of JC/ToJ. If all leather in brown I'm in.

2 people like this.
  2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Good eye!

3. Vickt

Vickt Senior member

Amazing bag. Wish it had a shoulder strap though because if I actually need to bring a bag, then I need my hands free to hold all the wife's things...

2 people like this.
  4. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

john coppidge motorcycle line? :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  5. FireGX

FireGX Member

While we're on the topic of backpacks, I was wondering if backpack/messenger bag straps damage lamb leather from the constant abrasion?

Anyone have any experience? I was thinking maybe the cloth straps wouldn't be too bad but what about leather straps like Saddleback messenger bags?

6. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

A guy could carry some serious diapers and shit in there.

1 person likes this.
  7. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Really like the helmet bag, when will it be available?

8. bertie

bertie Senior member

Best to throw the diapers away once they are errr full. I speak from experience

1 person likes this.
  9. pinedust

pinedust Well-Known Member

How I feel browsing this thread:
    [​IMG]

Gonna make it rain in ₩1000s for that helmet bag

1 person likes this.
  10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

OH SHIT nice catch! Does this mean...?!?

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I have a pilot bag that looks similar albeit in all nylon, very tough material...it was a collab between Eastpak x Raf I want to say but I think I'm wrong. Picked up from Oi Poilloi. I rarely use it now except on trips. Maybe I should get it out again for when I need a place to put my files and folders during meetings. = \

edit: Correction, it was called "Helmet Bag"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is all black now after taking apart all the white hardware and seams . .

Noob mistake 3 years ago :fu:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. Cole

Cole Senior member

would this: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2311 not be the navy/sand tan? idk, maybe it's just the pic, but this kinda makes me lean against it, and kinda want navy/gray instead. I would really kill for a gray/cream, or maybe something similar. Trying hard to decided which colorway I want.

13. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

You no likey? I really like that. Glad I went with the navy/tan

1 person likes this.
  14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Been living in my ToJ MDR on my trip to New Orleans/Mississippi. Combined with too much alcohol, It's handled 40 degree nights pretty well. I wish I did not tailor it so much in the waist, as I have to use the double zip to make it wearable.

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Now that I think about it, I would like to see which, if any, of the TOJ bags could handle a 15" laptop.

16. Cole

Cole Senior member

I suppose it is nice, i guess I just want something lighter because i wear my Rogue Territory RK ISC trousers everyday and I don't want to navy overload. Plus I've never spent that much on clothing so I want it to be perfect (feel pretty sad saying that but whatever). I'll probably end up getting navy/tan anyways; as of right now it's my favorite, and it'll still look good with my navy trousers, I'm sure.

17. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

The helmet bag looks good but what I would like the most is a bag I could use to the gym in olive or dark green goat.

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

His username is right there above the picture, you could just PM him and get a direct response.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  19. stevent

stevent Senior member

For all those who want leather duffles and weekenders what kind of traveling do you plan to do? Filson Canvas is so much better or something lighter weight like the crane ones serve way more function and still look clean. Unless you got your Ferrari ready for nice weekend getaways a leather duffle is kinda pointless. Bunch of extra weight and less durability ( even if it is lamb) compared to canvas makes the bag not really a good idea

I'm liking the bag drew made though, much better use of leather and design looks pretty spot on. I'm 22 but really don't wear a backpack unless I'm bringing laptop + camera when traveling

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

For all those who want leather duffles and weekenders what kind of traveling do you plan to do? Filson Canvas is so much better or something lighter weight like the crane ones serve way more function and still look clean. Unless you got your Ferrari ready for nice weekend getaways a leather duffle is kinda pointless. Bunch of extra weight and less durability ( even if it is lamb) compared to canvas makes the bag not really a good idea

I'm liking the bag drew made though, much better use of leather and design looks pretty spot on. I'm 22 but really don't wear a backpack unless I'm bringing laptop + camera when traveling