1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. stick

stick Senior member

Ugh, if it comes with a shoulder strap I don't think I'll be able to resist.

1 person likes this.
  2. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

This is what I'm interested to see, too. The amount of leather looks proportional to a smaller full leather jacket.

1 person likes this.
  3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Sigh....

I want it lined with shearling, but lets keep it under $100 because otherwise I can ask a Pakistani dude to make it for around that cost anyways. Lets have zippers be riri because ykk is too heavy and ugly. Can I have it in a medium whiskey in Unicorn leather? No actually lets stick with black because my complexion doesn't go well with brown color. Oh, and how do I mold that snap flap?
    You know what? forget it. I am a poor pre-med student so I can't afford it now anyways. I hope this bag is still available 10 years later so I can most definitely buy for sure promise to the gods of Jawnz

2 people like this.
  4. BEAR JEW

BEAR JEW Senior member

1 person likes this.
  5. Leather

Leather Senior member

there can only be one synthese, nice try though

6. steveochk

steveochk Member

It's to attach the bag to a tiedown fitting or other suitable restraint device. One does not simply toss their helmet bag in the backseat of an aircraft.

This specific helmet bag is not designed for a detachable shoulder strap. The later helmet bags that replaced this design used detachable straps, but they were larger and it was warranted. It really isn't necessary for a bag this size and would only detract from the authenticity. This design could function as a s/s weekender depending how you pack, but it might be smaller than you think. A pair of shoes, some shirts, and an ipad/whatever would work fine. It is amazingly suited for a day bag.

1 person likes this.
  7. Oski

Oski Senior member

AMEN.

I feel like whenever I wear my backpack to class with my leather it diminishes the typical bad boy shit look. Looks fine with my varsity though.

Def interested to see what other bag options Drew has cooking. This looks promising.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

just saw the bag on FB...i think i see some navy handles in the background :devil:
    looks super useful! the small pockets are great for wallets and smaller things because i cant be bothered fishing around for those things in the main compartment :eek:

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Lately, been wearing the moto almost 24/7, just trying to beat the crap out of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  10. Leather

Leather Senior member

Looks really uncomfortable in the pits and arms

11. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Looks nice Dbear. I want a moto, but I got saaaaaave.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

this wasnt on fb!!!

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

It was on the Tumblr

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

it's not actually....just trying to hulk out as much as possible to get the stacks for the leather to ripple [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

So many outlets :embar:
    Thanks for the link, I can zoom in now :)

16. Razele

Razele Senior member

I dont get why everyone wants a backpack so bad? I would feel like 12 years old with a backpack / daypack thing.

Im 27 this year and something more refined like the goat helmet bag looks way better to me, would be great if there was a flight bag as well, vintage style aviator duffle sorta thing.

The new varsity, the wool MA-1, the leather MA-1 (does it come in lamb suede? I gotta email about that) and now some nice bags, ugh I will be broke.

6 people like this.
  17. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

lol I feel the same way. I can't think of a situation where I would need or want to wear one. The eggplant TOJ backpack was dope though, so I can see why some people would be interested in a new one.

A weekender on the other hand :devil: I'd be all down for.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  18. bertie

bertie Senior member

I think the bag is great - something different from almost everything else out there. I use a more conventional briefcase for work but could see this working as a carry-on for personal travel.

Still want a weekender/duffle though. Brown goat would be perfect.

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Kind of hard to innovate/put a ToJ twist on a weekender though. IMO it would have to do more than just offer a better price point than say, Guidi.

20. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Speaking of backpacks, is that a purple suede backpack I spy in the back of that second picture on tumblr? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.