TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cersoc

cersoc Member

TOJ is well worth the money. I have one leather jacket, I'm satisfied with it.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

wern't you gonna go to sleep like 3 hours ago

went upstairs and saw my girlfriend sleeping, and the beagle was there laying in my spot, kind of mocking me with this fake-dead sleeping position and one eye open, looking at me. Then I started thinking about the band-collar DR again, came downstairs for a smoke, and here I am at 5:48am.... [​IMG]

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

you should sell me your beagle.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The beagle comes with a Japanese woman. So for the set, I would need about $10 million.

5. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

so the band collar will have quilting as well? and is that available in suede?

and... scalloped body or new body (minimal dr body) or completely different body?

6. halisray

halisray Senior member

I was drenched in rain for about 20 minutes in my calf leather bomber.. it'll be alright right? lol

7. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

The beagle comes with a Japanese woman. So for the set, I would need about $10 million.

I'm leaving for Japan (Tokyo area) in less than a month. What do I need to know about Japanese women?

8. jakekrait

jakekrait Well-Known Member

I am ready to pull the trigger on the DR. I love the newest addition (Quilt Double Rider) to the lineup but I am just a little worried about the toughness and durability of the lamp leather. How does it compare to the calf leather? Is there a great difference?

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think the whole thing plays into the 'mystique' of ToJ. The no website (official site) sort of deal. The wait time before you get the stuff.

The 2 styles that have yet to be unveiled don't really sound like my type of deal. I'm probably going to pick up some sort of quilt jacket in the upcoming weeks, just not sure what color yet. With all of the ToJ pieces coming in, I gotta get thicker hangers for the jawnz as well.

10. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

there is a huge difference.

if you know you'll be bumping into walls, getting into fights, getting bit by wild animals, get the calf.

if you want something soft as hell get the lamb. easy as that. drew has always recommended lamb. with that in mind, choose accordingly.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I am ready to pull the trigger on the DR. I love the newest addition (Quilt Double Rider) to the lineup but I am just a little worried about the toughness and durability of the lamp leather. How does it compare to the calf leather? Is there a great difference?
    Lamb is more supple and drapes better. Calf is thicker, weighs more, takes longer to break in.

We should get a ToJ Wiki going with a FAQs section for this type of situation.

12. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

The simple answer is to get both. I got calf the first time, and these next two jackets I'm going to have commissioned will be lamb.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

posting in this thread ahs gotten me through like 3 TERRIBLE classes today.

14. jakekrait

jakekrait Well-Known Member

The simple answer is to get both. I got calf the first time, and these next two jackets I'm going to have commissioned will be lamb.

I would if i could, haha [​IMG]. And what about Front Quarter Horse Hide? I've only owned one leather jacket so far so please excuse my silly questions which have probably been asked before.

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Not excused. Search.

Edit: just saw your op. As rfx said, the new styles only come with lamb or suede. Even if you are interested in hh, which is indestructible and stiff, can you afford it? It makes sense it you're going to use the jacket for riding a motorcycle, but hard to justify if you're just going to wear it around.