1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Reading comprehension is a dying art.

+1

I ain't here because of TOJ

2. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

I'll bite:

the headbanging is because the answer is already in those posts

- drew moved to korea for the lifestyle
    - he has access to good leathers
    - good luck finding manufacturers in the states that can produce at the level he does, at the price he offers.

Reading comprehension is a dying art.

Indeed comprehension does seem to be for some.. 1st one I knew. 2nd one was not in any of the posts in this thread. 3rd was just something you taught me. Thanks though, I got what I needed.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

2nd one was not in any of the posts in this thread.

so what, you thought he used bad leathers?

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Uncontrol, haven't yet seen you ask for a navy lamb DR with racoon collar that you'll never buy. This new TOJ thread wouldn't be complete without such request. [​IMG]

5. impolyt_one

Uncontrol, haven't yet seen you ask for a navy lamb DR with racoon collar that you'll never buy. This new TOJ thread wouldn't be complete without such request. [​IMG]

we don't have access to the matching navy snakeskin that would be needed for trimming such a piece, so the point is moot. [​IMG]

6. impolyt_one

actually, we do, but it's best to keep some left wanting. [​IMG]

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

would've kopped blistered lamb DR, lol

unfortunately i realized that a i really do just want a black jacket haha

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

A slim Bomber (not too tight, but not generous) when put on is a very cool feeling, something you can't really get from anyone else but us.

I can vouch for this.

unfortunately i realized that a i really do just want a black jacket haha

Most disappointing thing I've read all year.

9. jhe0417

jhe0417 Senior member

That bomber looks really great, computurd.

10. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Just got my new DR, but I'm not sure if it's the right size. It seems a lot roomier than my old DR and bomber. Anyone notice it being looser on the pit-to-pit?

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

I can vouch for this.
    I can as well. Especially with the calf - if mine was a size larger I'd not only loose that awesome feeling that comes with the fit, but I think it'd also look unflattering (at least on me). Though I can see it possibly working a bit better with the softer leathers. edit: also most people don't pull off loose or oversized stuff very well. Mellow is a rare exception

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

ryanmnguyen, your jacket is your jacket and we cannot determine its measurements for you.

computurd, yeah, i don't use the side-access pockets on the bomber either. not really sure what they're there for; maybe they make sense on big sizes like you suggest, but ToJ isn't really a big-sizes-centered brand, so I'm still curious.

13. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

I probably should have mentioned all my jackets are stock 44.

14. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

so what, you thought he used bad leathers?
    lol did I ever say this? I just wanted to know why not use some of the great tanneries in the USA, but that's beside the point. /end of history lesson. Thanks everyone [​IMG] Let's just get back on topic.

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I probably should have mentioned all my jackets are stock 44.

post a picture.

16. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Just got my two OBDs (s) they're still kinda big so I think I'm gonna wash em' and dry em' for a bit of shrinkage. Love the quality of the material and the construction of them though.

17. computurd

computurd Senior member

ryanmnguyen, your jacket is your jacket and we cannot determine its measurements for you.

computurd, yeah, i don't use the side-access pockets on the bomber either. not really sure what they're there for; maybe they make sense on big sizes like you suggest, but ToJ isn't really a big-sizes-centered brand, so I'm still curious.

I think the problem isnt that the pockets are too small, I think its more so the positioning. Im not sure about other peoples bombers but my pocket slits seems sit right on the side of my body which makes it hard to practically access, Now if they were scooted a little over to the inner part of the body. But I dont care the pouches are too cool and I like where they sit, Its like having my own batman utility belt.

18. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

Is yours calf or lambskin computurd? Looks great.

19. halisray

halisray Senior member

[​IMG] Update on the calf bomber (sorry for the blurry phone pic) this is hands down my favourite jacket, the quality is unsurpassable.

20. impolyt_one

ryan: all the patterns are different; they generally fit the same people but they are differently styled jackets, so that may explain why each jacket is not exactly the same p2p.