• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh that was you? lol. I can't hear man, I have been wondering what you said to me all day, haha. I was just guessing the conversation and figured you were just an overly friendly stranger talking about the rainstorm... :eek:

rirakuma

Reaction score

Looks great, any chance you could show us the contrast between the fur collar and the body?

Here you go. The goat is really dark brown, think of the different shades like dark chocolate (brown goat) and chocolate (brown lamb). If you ordered lamb instead of goat you shouldn't have any regrets because the lamb looks and feels better than the goat. The reason why I got goat is because I do a lot of outdoor trips which I don't think the lambskin can withstand.

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So just to get this clear, are TOJ no longer taking any orders at all?
Just a bit confusing that all the available products are still up on the website, when I thought they weren't making any more.

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a bit confusing that all the available products are still up on the website, when I thought they weren't making any more.

They still have pictures up but no they aren't taking any more orders

johanm

Reaction score

Here you go. The goat is really dark brown, think of the different shades like dark chocolate (brown goat) and chocolate (brown lamb). If you ordered lamb instead of goat you shouldn't have any regrets because the lamb looks and feels better than the goat. The reason why I got goat is because I do a lot of outdoor trips which I don't think the lambskin can withstand.

Looks awesome man. How would you rate the suppleness of the goat?

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not an official website anyways

jkoll

Reaction score
New to Toj.. and sounds like I'm a touch too late. So there's no longer going to be custom mtm jackets? ..just got my moderntailor shirts dialed in, and wanted to step it up to a jacket.

Edit:
If our production runs clear, the store is stocked, and Dan seems to have free time in the future and we sewing table space, we may entertain the idea of MTM'ing for an added surcharge

Nevermind found this, now just gotta be patient and cross fingers

Last edited:

ubiquitous

Reaction score

oh that was you? lol. I can't hear man, I have been wondering what you said to me all day, haha. I was just guessing the conversation and figured you were just an overly friendly stranger talking about the rainstorm... :eek:

haha I figured either you didn't hear or were mortified that some random dude was talking to you at an ATM in chinatown (mugging concepts). My gf asked me why I was trying to talk to strangers in a bank lmao, but damn that torrential rainstorm man...fck.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New to Toj.. and sounds like I'm a touch too late. So there's no longer going to be custom mtm jackets? ..just got my moderntailor shirts dialed in, and wanted to step it up to a jacket.

Yup, too late. No orders are being taken at the moment.

sartbaeklv

Reaction score

Edit:

Nevermind found this, now just gotta be patient and cross fingers

Did you read the rest of that post?

"the conditions that a) the person actually really needs it and doing this much work for one jacket will be worth it, b) that person understands how much time it takes to make a jacket from scratch and can accept this fact, and c) back to point a, it's not some nitpicky person who is asking for .5" off somewhere, rather it's somebody like Islander who is much taller than most of you guys and genuinely needs a unique size, so it won't be an option on the table for most. The .5" people will simply be told no."

So unless you got some peculiar proportions I don't think Drew will take in that order.
Then again nothing is set in stone but yeah.

jkoll

Reaction score
Did you read the rest of that post?
So unless you got some peculiar proportions I don't think Drew will take in that order.
Then again nothing is set in stone but yeah.
Yeah I saw that, hence the "cross fingers", and I was trying to minimize space on a posting.. guess that was a fail.
Nonetheless, seen some sick pieces in this thread. I hope Toj doesn't fall into the generic american fitting guide that most designers do. Back to the hunt of good fits...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even though its summer and warm in general here...last night would have been a perfect time to bust out the ToJ.

Hopefully there are more evenings like that after my jacket arrives

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah the temps in America have been crazy, I was wearing my leather jacket last week and then it got up to 100 degrees in NY in a matter of 2 days. Back in Japan and it's still lambskin leather jacket temps. I could probably do a lambskin jacket up to about 75 degrees, maybe even 80, considering how hard they pump AC in America.

Emixam

Reaction score
damn where I live I wont be able to wear mine until end of october for sure. sucks.

You can wear yours in Tokyo right now ??

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix