1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

now that we have glazed and unglazed goat, can you add glazed lamb with a side of fries and truffle oil.

1 person likes this.
  2. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

imo your CM looks like it fits well, t3hg0suazn. I think it would look better with black jeans and luxe sneakers/boots though.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

My fellow TOJ aficionados, I am trying to decide between brown lamb or goat (glazed or unglazed) for an A2 Bomber. Any thoughts/advice re: leather choice?

I did some research and Drew has previously mentioned that "lamb is soft, almost oily sometimes, with a 'cool' hand feel that is meaty - and then goat has a very cold (probably one of the coldest of them all) handfeel due to the pebble grain and it feels more lacquered and slick. Also, a bit tougher feeling, but when made up, it's still a soft jacket." Found this very helpful but both sound awesome, so didn't help the decision-making process.

Would welcome advice or rationale regarding choosing between lamb and goat for my bomber. Thanks in advance.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Lamb has a smooth texture and is very tender, goat has a pebbled texture and is a bit tougher. That's all there is to it.

5. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Drew, if you only had one leather jacket and it was going to be the A-2 bomber, would you go with brown goat or lamb?

6. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

i think he said brown sheep.

7. impolyt_one

Lately it doesn't really matter to me, the materials are all pretty good. If I could choose only one, I'd get a black DR variant in lamb. If I had to get a Bomber, the answer would've been brown lamb, but we now have a bunch of colored unglazed goat (colors aren't corrected here yet) - there's a medium-dark grey goat that is fantastic and would work across the board on basically every model, likewise a medium olive unglazed goat that would also be great.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  8. impolyt_one

and in other news: TOJ0 reboot coming out very soon. I decided against making it silk, because it was thin, amongst other reasons - and went for cleaning up the classic formula, and improved the materials as much as I could - 100% Japanese fine coat wool in the body, NZ lambskin (of course) sleeves, wool blend ribbing, and then Bemberg lining. Materials-wise, it's now all of the best that we have, which is kinda fitting since it's the original model and deserves to get brought back to the front. So we'll put that up soon.

13 people like this.
  9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Any idea on price? Hate to be *that guy*, I just want to know if I should wait to order one instead of buying this TOJ someone is selling me 2nd hand.

10. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

11. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Mobile double post.

12. gong

gong Senior member

i miss drews long posts about tojs operations

6 people like this.
  13. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Already pre-ordered the suiting wool MA-1 so that area of my wardrobe is covered. While a varsity wouldn't necessarily be redundant, I don't like giving myself too many options. Even though I was never really a varsity guy, I do get the odd fleeting impulse to get one in Arsenal colors but that usually passes quickly.

I like to keep a gallery tab open on my browser of the item I ordered so I can look at it every once and awhile. "Soon..."

3 people like this.
  14. zetazeta

zetazeta Well-Known Member

Well. I guess I know what my next purchase will be..

15. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Are the sleeves raglan or regular?

16. itsthepaulice

itsthepaulice Member

seeing as it's a toj0 reboot, it'll be regular sleeves

17. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Pleaseeee allow the new bcdr to have og bcdr quilting!!

18. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Drew, will the color schemes be the same as before?

19. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Do you think the same thing will happen to a possible bball re-release? `cause I've been crossing my fingers for the chance that it might come in a red suede this time around. :satisfied:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  20. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Now I know what my next toj purchase will be. Gonna get a classic color that will last me 10-20 years