TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is suede available for the baseball jacket only? Or is that an option for the 2011 Dr and moto as well?

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

^so far only for bball jacket, changes will be announced?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I could be annoying and ask if my jacket has shipped yet. But I won't. I guess I should ask, any customizability on the design of the shirts? Ie, if someone didn't want a pocket or epaulets or something.

It hasn't, we were busy all week and we've been moving towards having one or two shipping days a week, which is tomorrow for us. That means you should see it early next week.

As far as customization, don't want to do it. It turns into a huge hassle. One guy last year ordered the shirts without buttons on the collar - that turned into a fiasco that ended up with us making like 6 or 8 of the same shirt and each time something was wrong with them.
    The people who make these clothes, god bless them, are talented at making stuff, but they are not the world's smartest people, nor do they adapt to constant changes well. Also, if something is off, you can't just point that out to them and have them tear it off and put something right on, it's not play-dough we're doing, everything has to get made from scratch again.

4. impolyt_one

Is suede available for the baseball jacket only? Or is that an option for the 2011 Dr and moto as well?

Suede is available for everything. We have a lot of colors for suede as well, so just ask and we can try to find it, or something close.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Suede is available for everything. We have a lot of colors for suede as well, so just ask and we can try to find it, or something close.

Good to know. Thanks.

6. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I don't want to sound all demanding and shit, but can we see the collared moto unzipped (either worn or on the ghost hanger)?

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Drew, think of a name for that new DR so I can put it up on the website and gallery!

8. impolyt_one

for now, let's call it the 'quilt DR'

9. computurd

computurd Senior member

Do the suede options cost and more or less than the standard pricing?

10. impolyt_one

lamb suede is expensive, it's more expensive than lamb leather, and it's not available for bigger sizes. We have calf suede that is a little cheaper, I'll say $665 for calf suede jackets.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

lamb suede is expensive, it's more expensive than lamb leather, and it's not available for bigger sizes. We have calf suede that is a little cheaper, I'll say $665 for calf suede jackets.

I'm guessing suede calf is thinner so is that an option for the 2011 DR or moto?

13. impolyt_one

can i get this leather? damnnn

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...14#post4219814

We have something that looks just like that. Not goat, cow, but looks just like that.

off topic, but have you ever handled Hermes stuff? It's impeccably made. My gf has those Hermes birkin bags and they're amazing in terms of their leather work, just outstanding. Like 4 or 5 layers of leather all stitched together and then burnished on the edges to be one smooth edge, without a single imperfection. No wonder they're like $10K.
    On the other hand though, you can get like 95% of that quality for one tenth the price elsewhere. Just intangible values I guess.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

yea ive handled some hermes and also seen leather from seraphim, who iirc supplies hermes with their leather. it's beautiful - probably the best ive ever seen, but of course it's not worth what it costs.

kronik has a seraphim leather jacket lined w/ i think.. ermine? just.. ridiculous.

15. impolyt_one

I'm guessing suede calf is thinner so is that an option for the 2011 DR or moto?

For the non Bomber jackets, I actually prefer cow suede. Lamb is so thin that it wouldn't be too impressive as one of these biker jackets, it'd have absolutely no structure or thickness and certain details wouldn't look right, the collar, the hem band, the cuffs, etc.