Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

In a perfect world I would cop more than just both haha

Someone buy my cruiser so I can get a fqhh moto

2. GBear

GBear Senior member

Uh oh...I didn't even realize the BBall didn't cost as much as a regular leather...this is not good.

I JUST paid for a CWU-45, what the heck! BBalls only come in grey right? Though that is my first choice. Calf suede, how heavy is this? I've already got two heavy calf jackets, don't need a third!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

They also come in tan. Speaking strictly from what I've read, I feel like the bball is the best value jacket TOJ puts out (though they're all great value)

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Phuck me running I didn't even see that the TOJ1 was back - if it ever went away.

Question: Has Drew said whether this is going to come back in the standard sizes? (I'm not sure if I will like the current reverse camo version so can wait). I know he's around but I've asked him a bunch of questions already, and it may save him time if someone else responds.

I've just placed an order for 3 jackets, which will bring my TOJ tally up to 5. Now this. Better if I hadn't gone to that site today.

5. GBear

GBear Senior member

I know the feeling. Just went on that website today, looking at ordering #6.

Ah okay. I just think grey would fit what I've got in my wardrobe best. :)

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

The B'Ball used to come in Tan and a bunch of other colors including grey; not sure what colors they're offering now.

I have a tan Baseball, it's a very nice jacket. IMO - it is on the heavier side. My other TOJ jcket - the VTG collared Moto- is also heavy so I can't really compare with any other TOJ product I have at present.

However, FWIW, it is probably not as heavy as the VTG ('probably' because at present the Bball drapes better than the VTG, which is still hard and stiff, and that could be influencing my opinion), but it is much heavier than a lamb RL leather jacket that I own.

7. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Bball is tan and grey only I believe.

8. GBear

GBear Senior member

Well...there goes in my order for a BBall. Time to stay OFF the site.

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

tell me about it. In the process of ordering a T1, and now I'm thinking I want an A2 as well, and that my girlfriend also needs a bomber....

MUST WAIT UNTIL FALL

10. buran

buran Senior member

Can't stop thinking about bball, all talk in thread is not helping. Can't decide between grey and tan. Mainly wear black shoes, indigo/navy pants+shorts with white t-shirt and black varisty (toj1) or grey sweater. Currently have black fishtail ordered. Opinions on which color to get?

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

Yeah...about to help my friend order a jacket. GFDR or would some other style be a better fit for a girl's first TOJ?

Can't go wrong with either! I just like the grey better so I ordered that.

12. Synthese

Tan is so boss it's unreal, mega swag overload (according to the baggers at my local grocery)

Also just ordered T1. Clothing budget officially kaput.

13. Synthese

Really depends. My SO has a DR because she love love loved the idea of it, but hasn't quite managed to turn it into an everyday piece (mostly due to a lack of footwear). Bomber would have been safe for her, since she pretty much IS the girl next door/america, but there you go. Sometimes you gotta go with your heart. Charly and Drew did an unbelievably good job sizing it for her, and it looks just fantastic on her. It is absolutely the nicest jacket she owns, and I can't imagine finding a nicer one. It destroys the horrendous urban outfitters/mall brand leather jackets most girls around here wear. It is, in my opinion, nicer than my own 2010 DR that I loved.

Drew did mention a desire for a more rounded women's line-up after the hiatus, so I have my fingers crossed for that. Both DR and Bomber would look good on ladies, I think, but the Bomber is definitely a little more...I don't know, masculine. Women's DR looks and feels and oozes femininity.

14. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

I already paid for my baseball, but haven't decided on a color yet. I never wear black shoes, mostly brown, gray, and sometimes white. I wear lots of blue, too. It seems as though both choices are versatile enough for my wardrobe. Drew, do you have an opinion on bball colors?

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I have the tan. In retrospect I would have gone with the grey.

But if I had the grey, I am quite sure that in retrospect I would have gone with the tan.

I know this is not helping,