• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah. I always seem to want jackets just slightly longer than people expect will make any kind of sense.

OTC I'm just over 6'2 and my best fitting bomber is 26" from bottom of collar so 25.6" sounds about right imo. Assuming you got a bomber and not a DR or something? Anyway they have done enough jackets to be able to get a pretty good approximation of fit by this point. Placed my order.

Last edited:

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to have lost the zipper pull on my TOJ1. Is it possible to have an extra sent along with my bball order?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
measuring your front length isn't that hard... just measure between your collar bone points, down to where you want the jacket to hit. don't do it at work or come home and wear your work clothes and then try to base it off some trousers or something, use common sense. You should be able to figure out where you want your leather jacket to hit.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah. I always seem to want jackets just slightly longer than people expect will make any kind of sense.
OTC I'm just over 6'2 and my best fitting bomber is 26" from bottom of collar so 25.6" sounds about right imo. Assuming you got a bomber and not a DR or something? Anyway they have done enough jackets to be able to get a pretty good approximation of fit by this point. Placed my order.

Actually, its an MDR...but I think its still ok.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

measuring your front length isn't that hard... just measure between your collar bone points, down to where you want the jacket to hit. don't do it at work or come home and wear your work clothes and then try to base it off some trousers or something, use common sense. You should be able to figure out where you want your leather jacket to hit.

when you say between your collar bone do you mean at the bottom of the supersternal/jugular notch? or is it from the very top of either the left or right collar bones? it's kind of hard to tell on the diagram cuz the guy is wearing a t-shirt

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a 4-zip moto arrive the other day, 24.3" back length and I'm 5'10".  Length was good, I actually wished I'd gone slightly shorter.

Depends how long you're torso is proportionally, but I wouldn't go much over 24" for back length - you don't want it bunching up over your butt when zipped

Just wanted to chime in on the 5'10" discussion -
I'm right about 5'10" (and Asian) and was concerned about the length too, because I didn't know if I measured my torso correctly. I originally measured my torso to be 20" (down to my natural waist) and Charley quoted me a 22.3" front length / 24.4" back. But after a measuring of a moto jacket I own, it was switched to a 21" front / 23.2" back. I was at first concerned that this was going to be too short but then I remembered that I don't know crap about this kind of stuff and went with what the experts sent. I'm sure I'll be fine. :slayer:

johanm

Reaction score

i measured slightly above the sternal notch down the middle of my body
also guys who are 6'1" to 6'2" what are your body and arm lengths?

On my CM I did 23.5 front length, 26 back length, and 26.5 arms

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
are there pictures of jackets in olive or bottle green?

this (olive green) is the only one i could find via google.

Last edited:

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

woah I must have a super long torso and t rex arms, I measured my body to be 26" down to the bottom of my pubic bone (mid rise of jeans) and 25 inch arms

You're measuring too far. My front length is 24.5" and that's pretty long. You should be measuring where you want it to hit - on a bomber, imo, that's roughtly where the top button on your fly is (assuming no weird rise or whatever). Honestly, if you're off by .5 one way or the other it's not going to make or break your fit. 25" arms sounds about right for your height, I'm slightly less than that, but the actual sleeve length needs to be longer because... well... you do bend your arms once in a while. 25" translates to a 27.5" sleeve or so, maybe 28". My 2011DR has 27" sleeves which are perfect, and I think Charly suggested 28" on the bomber for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads