• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The black suede T1 was pretty cool, I would like it in a dark grey suede too. There's whisky suede colors that would make that thing look good too. Stone blue, etc - those T-1 and T-3 jackets are pretty versatile. The little handsewn detail I put on there makes all of the colors look pretty nice. It's not supposed to be wild colored and overwhelm your outfit, keep it kind of modest in color. suede jackets look best when integrated with your shirt and pants in balance, rather than being like a black leather jacket.

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score

A-2

I recall someone asking about using the same waist and mid measurements, I used 17.7 for both. The chest and shoulders are a tad slim, but I assume they will break in.

Related question for Drew, what are your favorite colorways for the A-1, same recs as T-1/T-3? I think black lamb might look great too.

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score
Trying to finalize my order for a black A-2, trying to decide between goatskin and lambskin. At this point I'll probably flip a coin.

I have to say that the whole TOJ process is some of the most fun I've ever had with clothes, up there with standing in line for Jordans in elementary school. Even more than browsing fabrics for bespoke suits and shirts. It's great to flip through fabric books and pick linings and buttons, but with these threads of 20000+ posts and the gallery of 1000s of images and Drew's epic fashion philosophy screeds, there's almost endless amount of stuff to contemplate and talk about. The MTM system with Drew/Charly's assistance make it easy for noobs to make a strong first step and establish an anchor for a swaggy personal style before venturing into the vast and incoherent world of RTW casual fashion. Really glad that I jumped on the train when I did, and will definitely miss it when it's over.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking over the body measurements instructions here and have a few questions.

Be sure to stand up straight, and for chest measurements, make sure you aren’t relaxing your muscles.

So, am I suppose to be flexing? Should I be also inhale and make my chest as wide as possible?

The instructions for measuring an existing jacket includes a measurement for the cuff width but no equivalent measurement for the body measurement. Should I include a measurement for the circumference of my wrist?

sartbaeklv

Reaction score
Does anyone know how goatskin ages?
I'm deciding whether or not I want a black goatskin moto for its durability.
I don't mind its texture; I think it looks sick.

Lambskin just sounds too precious for a jacket I want to keep for 15+ years.
Plus I hear it loses its luster/sheen over time.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Be sure to stand up straight, and for chest measurements, make sure you aren’t relaxing your muscles.

So, am I suppose to be flexing? Should I be also inhale and make my chest as wide as possible?

It just means to stand up straight, exactly as it says. You need to tense your muscles to do this. Don't slump.

limbo

Reaction score
My 4-zip MDR is out for delivery and should be arriving later today.

I remember a few asking for pics of it that weren't PS mockups before ordering. I must be of the first ones to get theirs because I have yet to see any on this thread.

I'll get my friend to take some shots for me and post em up since I'm out of town.

That'll give you guys... 3 days to decide :eek:

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My 4-zip MDR is out for delivery and should be arriving later today. I remember a few asking for pics of it that weren't PS mockups before ordering. I must be of the first ones to get theirs because I have yet to see any on this thread. I'll get my friend to take some shots for me and post em up since I'm out of town. That'll give you guys... 3 days to decide :eek:

that would be so awesome. I just clicked on this thread to say that I was probably going to flip a coin on that decision since I want to get my order in.

Kross

Reaction score

My 4-zip MDR is out for delivery and should be arriving later today. I remember a few asking for pics of it that weren't PS mockups before ordering. I must be of the first ones to get theirs because I have yet to see any on this thread. I'll get my friend to take some shots for me and post em up since I'm out of town. That'll give you guys... 3 days to decide :eek:
You don't know how much I hate you :p

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't really understand the idea of a brown cwu.

Drew, I hope that your trucker jackets make a comeback this fall - I still want one, it's just that the DR had to win out for the final order before the cut off. I can see it looking really, really good on me, though. Black, dark grey, light blue, OR green.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black lamb CWU45 just ordered as per everyone's recommendation.

lowk

Reaction score
The black suede T1 was pretty cool, I would like it in a dark grey suede too. There's whisky suede colors that would make that thing look good too. Stone blue, etc - those T-1 and T-3 jackets are pretty versatile. The little handsewn detail I put on there makes all of the colors look pretty nice. It's not supposed to be wild colored and overwhelm your outfit, keep it kind of modest in color. suede jackets look best when integrated with your shirt and pants in balance, rather than being like a black leather jacket.
So the above listed are available off-menu suede colors? Are there any others because I want to put in my order soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads