TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to that suede baseball jacket; either that or the new collared moto will be my next purchase (fit pics drew [​IMG]?)

2. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

i wonder what % of people who are refreshing this thread for new pics actually buy anything. 1%?

1% of almost 200K views is a lot of leather jackets...

3. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Post #1649 was where I unveiled the 2011 DR, we're above post #2000 now; so far we have sold two. [​IMG]
    I'll be #3 as soon as I can rule out (or go for) that new band-collar DR. Soon? I'm considering the dark grey in place of black.

4. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

dude, that's navy? looks so black

Yeah it's dark which is what I wanted. Pics are fairly accurate. I think the current blue may be lighter but don't quote me on that.

5. emilo

emilo Senior member

Post #1649 was where I unveiled the 2011 DR, we're above post #2000 now; so far we have sold two. [​IMG]

In- or excluding me changing my order from moto 10 to DR 11? :p

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

this.... is going on the new band-collar DR [​IMG] It wasn't assembled fully but I saw it about 50% done, all the parts sewn up waiting to be put together. It is going to be the shit. I want somebody who has been with me since the TOJ0 days in the summer of 2009 to get one of these new DR's with the shoulder quilting or the new band-collar DR. If the TOJ0 was like my kindergarten stage, then this week's jackets are like my PhD. THe quilted channel stitching on the top look straight but are actually all very subtly curved lines - the sleeve head cups ever so slightly that way and 3D's over your arm and shoulder. You can see also how the curvature of the arm works as well, the elbow is also 3D. [​IMG] you can see that the stitching curves slightly here: [​IMG]

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

this thread kind of sucks because instead of people posting pics of their clothing you have people like uncontrol going OMG YOU SHOULD MIGHT ITEM XYZ LOL ID BUY IT IN A SECOND even though the item is ridiculous, impractical and will probably never be purchased

if i learned one thing working for mauro it's that hype almost never translates into actual purchases, and that 90% of your business comes from people who never post / don't give a shit about keeping up with the latest omg cool releases.

in short, people post more pictures of your toj

8. APK

APK Senior member

The Farinelli's thread was much, much worse.

9. impolyt_one

that being said, here's what i have for you to peruse. i took some artistic liberties, as just using the swatch would have resulted in boring, ugly, unrepresentative pictures.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All of these are pretty much spot-on, except the blue is like a dark royal blue (not as dark as navy) and the green doesn't have that much brown in it - it's purer green, and a shade darker as well.

The medium grey looks like you have there, and then the dark grey is a shade darker.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

The Farinelli's thread was much, much worse.

we would get such angry emails too like OMFG WHEN ARE YOU GETTING YOUR EG SHIPMENT I WAS PROMISED IT THROUGH THE STYLEFORUM!!! and the person wouldn't buy shit.

11. impolyt_one

fwiw though, those look exactly like they would if I were to make real samples of those colors and bring them home and photograph them the same way I always do. That is astounding dude.

12. stick

stick Senior member

what do you mean? I don't know how much more detailed I can get since those are the actual scans of the fabrics lol

Basic color names, basically. Like, 7 looks like black, but 16 also kind of does, although it looks more like a navy, and it's a little weird trying to tell some of them apart.

13. impolyt_one

I'm revising the shirt swatches; some of the fabrics are not available and there were more swatches to be scanned, so Charly sent that over and I'm editing now.

14. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

So glad I'll have a steady source of incoming for the next 16 months, time to get some TOJ

15. APK

APK Senior member

we would get such angry emails too like OMFG WHEN ARE YOU GETTING YOUR EG SHIPMENT I WAS PROMISED IT THROUGH THE STYLEFORUM!!! and the person wouldn't buy shit.

I hope that thread never gets deleted, because it really is the perfect example of how conditioning your potential customer base to expect discounts and deep end-of-the-season sales can play a role in your business's demise.

To not get this thread too off-topic, DREW, the leopard print...quit teasing and let us know what it's for.