1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

It's the 4-zip MDR at an angle.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

man i need something in that red calf....

3. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

before putting in the order for a collared moto, i wanted to run the leather type by sf'ers here. Im looking for the heavier sturdy leather that ages well, so Im guessing the calf skin sounds about right? Perhaps even the fqhh? I was originally going for an aero, and stumbled upon toj, the toj fit just looks too good to be true, so here I am! thanks for all your help :)

4. avr0

avr0 Active Member

I think the fit turned out perfect, Charly is awesome at what he does, do not doubt him. Thank you Charly, Drew, and Dan. :D

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Newo

Newo Senior member

I had a nightmare once where I doubted Charly

6. Fiziks

Fiziks Member

TOJ Guys, I sent an email about this the other day, but didn't receive a response back. I was wondering how you guys felt about a store owner getting in contact with you?

Last week I was shopping in a small boutique called Gallery Aesthete in Chicago while wearing my 4zip calf MDR. The owner said she loved the jacket and started asking a bunch of questions about it. Apparently, she's been looking for a place to buy a few good motorcycle jackets. I told her about how the JC process works but she is still asking for your contact info. I do understand that you don't really want to sell to stores because that's not your business model, but I wasn't sure if this process changed now that MTM is getting phased out or if you'd be willing to work with small boutiques.

Would you guys mind if I shared your email and tumblr with her? Are you trying to stay away from working with boutiques? If you want to see what kind of stuff Gallery Aesthete carries, here is their website: http://galleryaesthete.com/. They basically carry all artisan designers and really only have a small number of items in stock at any given time. I imagine they'd probably only buy a couple of stock sizes of some DR's or something and just have those on the rack for a little while.

I apologize if I'm stepping over any boundaries by asking about this. I'm new to the TOJ world and don't want to offend anyone. This is why I thought I'd asked before just handing the info over to her.

7. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  8. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

[​IMG]

Did I get the cuffs too big (5.5), or can most of you dudes put a fist through the cuff as well?

Fit is 99% perfect, but this might be an easy alteration...

9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

That looks pretty big to me

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

is that zipped up? it does look too big

11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Yep zipped up all the way, Brad, do you happen to remember your cuff?

12. sartbaeklv

sartbaeklv Senior member

are you sure it's 5.5"?

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Mine is 5.5 and is nothing like that.

14. computurd

computurd Senior member

Shouldnt the cuffs be in proportion to the base size you got anyways?

Or is the cuff measurement that you order what it would be zipped up?

15. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

The cuff size barely changes from size to size. Like, maybe an 8th of an inch at most, I think.

16. Ajax21

Ajax21 Member

I want to get a Moto 2011 but wondering if 2 zips or 4 zips is better. I feel that 2 zips can be dressed up more but 4 zips blacked out just looks so cool.

17. Newo

Newo Senior member

2 people like this.
  18. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

I like the versatility of a 2-zip. Also think it works better with the collar.

edit: nvm, meant to say i like the 2zip collared moto over a 4zip 2011.

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I

I did. Been without internet connection and a life recently, and trying to whip up new jawns lately....

3 people like this.
  20. GMHZ

GMHZ Member

Received my dark whiskey calf CM with silver zips a couple weeks ago and it s amazing, Charly aced the sizing, the calf break in was much faster than I anticipated, to the point where it s really nothing to be concerned with. A TOJ jacket is a real compliment getter and a great experience to aquire. I think the couple months wait makes you enjoy it that much more once it s there.
    I ll be ordering soon again ... A T3 or a 4zip ... That red soft calf looks so nice...