1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Shryke

Shryke Well-Known Member

Just dropping into the thread to say that the calf is seriously great stuff. I have a lamb jacket and a calf jacket, and I'm tempted to say that I just about prefer the calf. Red calf DR is like a superhero jacket.

2. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

So is there no longer any more medium grey lamb suede or whatever was used to make Synth's T-1?

1 person likes this.
  3. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

It's Navy.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Damn. Quick and dirty fit pics, yes I'm wearing sweatpants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow. A2 in Brown Lamb arrived today.

First, the unexpected:
    -Darker than I expected, but that actually makes me love the jacket even more. Heftier too. Awesome.
    -First impressions on fit - damn dude, ToJ fits slim. I purposely tried to oversize this jacket a little bit to account for growth haha. I was planning on layering multiple things with this that might not be possible, depending on how the lamb breaks in.
    -The high arm holes are no joke - the jacket is a little bit restricting when I actually try to move right now but I'm sure it'll give. For example, when I wear a tailored, slim button down it gets a little crinkled because the jacket is so tight.
    -Love the side pocket entry detail, didn't even realize that was there until it came today. To be honest i'm not sure if I'd be able to walk around with my hands in it because that would be pretty awkward/uncomfortable, but it's convenient to have to just to put things in (school ID, keys, etc).

Sizing:
    The only thing I would really change is to extend sleeve length about 1" so I could roll up the cuffs to make them short cuffs and/or just cover half of my hand when it's cold. Right now when I raise my arms up the ribbing slides up 2-3 inches up off my hand lol. The jacket is also a bit tight when I zip it up around the waist, I could probably use another 0.5." there as well but again the jacket is box fresh so who knows. The chest is draping a little funny right now but I don't know if that's because the jacket is new or because I overdid it on the p2p just a tad (I was planning on layering most of the time). Shoulders are a smidge big but I sized that way on purpose, same with upper arms - might go down 0.1-0.2" on next jacket. Everything else is basically within 95% and I love it, especially for my first shot at ToJ sizing.

I have a black lamb MA-1 coming, hopefully in the near future. I'm gonna wear the jacket for 1-2 weeks to let it settle then I'll work with Charly to make the above mentioned adjustments + some other small adjustments (mostly making stuff incrementally bigger to make it a little more future-proof).

Thanks to Team ToJ for dealing with my sizing/general annoyance. Don't know how you dudes do it - especially Charly lol.

Needless to say, I'm fucking stoked for my next ToJ piece [​IMG]

Bonus pic that represents true color, cheesy half thumbs-up + smile included just for you guys.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    21 people like this.
  5. pat pearson

pat pearson Well-Known Member

6. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Well-Known Member

Shirt came in today. Couldn't get back from class in time so I just got a postcard saying that they missed me.

Goddamn it.

7. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

wore my A2 today. swooned. Made a grumpy face at the rain then stayed in the mall and had Five Guys. Felt good about things. Cheers JC.

8. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

That A2 looks great a little big.

9. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Missed my whisky MDR today, will pick up tomorrow and post some pics

10. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

haven't posted to sf in a while...

wanted to update that it's been about a year since i purchased a lamb brown A2 bomber and a dark royal calf MDR. i've enjoyed these pieces immensely. the bomber has had the most wear by far (is the most versatile). i've also really enjoyed the MDR for its cool factor and for the amazing color that appears almost black at night and can almost look green in certain lighting. the bomber is much easier to wear, looser fitting, and lighter. the MDR is a heavier, stiffer jacket that will take years to soften. the color i got meant that the calf was thinner than the other calf offerings-- i would have no need of anything thicker or heavier than it already is.

the only thing to complain about--

i wish that the elastic bands on the bomber did not pill, and that the elastic loops attaching the shearling to the collar could be of better quality. i'm a bit wary of these loops losing elasticity over time.

with that aside, i'm really glad i purchased these jackets. thanks, toj!

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

ah shit, you know what? I spoke too soon and forgot that I found a burgundy calfskin that is great. It's through and through oxblood color, here's a quick iPhone snap. It's also very limited, here is the color code: SS-CG-02 Oxblood calf

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Is that as brown as it looks in the picture (looks like a russet red-brown)? What's the weight like? Any chance an A2 could be made out of it?

1 person likes this.
  13. impolyt_one

hardly any brown in it. It's very truly sanguine.

I can talk to the bomber guy, but he's not gonna like it. lol. This is just as thick as all the other leathers we use. I have a natural instinct to just reject any of the thin stuff the minute I touch it.

14. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

15. impolyt_one

No, it's completely different. It's burgundy calfskin, and it looks close enough to the pic I posted (as seen on both my MBP and my iPhone) that I think it's fine to say that is what it is.

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Hey Drew, did you ever get that way-too-long PM I sent you?

17. nwong6

nwong6 Member

Can't tell if I'm retarded for wanting a blue suede QDR for Australian winter.

18. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Got another tote today! Also got a bonus jacket!

Sizing notes: Charly/I were worried about the midsection being too tight (no ribbing unlike bomber), so ended up with a more conservative 18.2/18.7, definitely could have gone slimmer comfortably. Glad I added a touch to the chest/shoulders/armhole (relative to lamb bomber), this guy is going to be a labor of love to break in. Should have gone with a smaller cuff.

Color is beautiful, almost looks red

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    8 people like this.
  19. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

wait, convertible cuffs, banded-scalloped hem, no buckles

something's going on here

something awesome

20. hipster

hipster Well-Known Member