TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rirakuma

rirakuma Senior member

it might be a good idea to get it slightly shorter because if you dont the moto may bunch at the back. The ribbing on the bombers makes it much less noticable.

2. schrike

schrike Active Member

What's the undertone on the bottle green -- brown, yellow, other?

3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

I would trust the guys and order it with the usual recommended decrease in length when going from ribbed to non-ribbed. The CWU looks like the absolute perfect length for a ribbed style, so I don't think you should worry about it being too short. Also, since you're apparently huge (in a good, proportional way), the usual decrease will be a much smaller percentage of overall length for you than for the typical TOJ customer.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  4. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

having a short moto looks pretty good. Not like hilariously short, but cut shorter than bombers...

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

For my VTG, I went an inch or so shorter than my bomber and was really happy w/ the result. it hits around my coin pocket that way.

6. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

So I've been reading through the thread for descriptions of TOJ calf, and I came across a post that mentioned that black calf doesn't go matte black over time like black lamb will, but will develop a patina and (presumably) continue to darken. Can anyone with a calf jacket confirm this?

Finalizing an order on a black MDR today, and I need to make a decision soon. :satisfied:

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Shit all of a sudden I wish I had a bomber, would be excellent to travel with

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Actually:

Dear VTG owners,

I'm contemplating taking my jacket with me to northern UK for a week tomorrow, where the forecast is for on/off rain every day. have any of you gotten stuck in a rainstorm? If so, what happened to your jacket? I don't like having this beefy leather coat and worrying about whether or not I need to be babying it. It's had a couple of coats of oil, but no waterproofing as yet.

9. Islander

Islander Senior member

Maybe soak the inside of a cuff or something and see what happens. If there is no discolouration give it another coat of oil and go for it :slayer:

P.S. I don't own one.

And thanks all for all the sizing feedback, I appreciate it.

I agree that the Moto should be about the same length or maybe slightly shorter than the CWU. Since I can pull the ribbing of the CWU down an extra inch or so from where it sits in that picture, I decided to go 1" shorter on the Moto length. Hopefully this gives me about the same to slightly shorter effective length as the CWU, if that makes any sense.

10. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Need some input on choosing color for the slim trousers. It's either black or navy.

I don't own much black, only some tees. Thinking of wearing the trousers with black derbies and button downs, only problem is I don't own any black shoes yet.
    The times I wear the trousers will probably be when I go out. Also, would the black trousers go with a navy EG bedford?

Navy seems more versatile and would be easier to mix into my current wardrobe, but it's also bit more boring I guess.

11. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

go black, push your boundaries :devil:

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

a lot of ppl on the other side (MC) consider black to be boring.
    i dont think any of the trousers would go well with bedford to be honest. they are very clean cut and the bedford is slouchy, correct?

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Your probably right. Don't have any other nice jacket, though [​IMG]

Going for the black ones.

14. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

If it means anything, I feel the trousers are gonna look really good with things like a big scoop shirt or something and some derbys or wedged shoes. Thinking along like some of the undercover or lad musician type looks with a tee and trousers.

15. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

fffffff. waffling between dark green and persian (dodger?) blue for a suede harrington. green is the logical choice (meshes with my current wardrobe, etc.) and looks great in my head, but then i remember the pics of the blue in the toj gallery and start salivating.

too many jawnz, not enough $$$

edit: current spring/fall wardrobe = light-colored shirts + dark bottoms (black jeans, navy/charcoal trousers) + assorted footwear in black and white