• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

poorman

Reaction score

We're out of the whiskeys, all of them. Those were all limited quantity unfortunately. The same is true of the red, blue, olive, and the dark grey.

So...did a restock ever magically happen? :puzzled:

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dude the R63 is incredibly rare, I've heard of it and never seen one, yet Tokyo is like AMG central. It seriously must be the rarest AMG

Most people don't like the R class design, so there wasn't sold that many and they stopped making the amg in 09.

There's 2 or 3 around here, they sound amazing and they are massive, especially the LWB ones, been wanting a dark blue one for years. :embar:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So...did a restock ever magically happen? :puzzled:

We can't restock, we don't have a say on that kind of thing. We just buy what is runoff or surplus floating in the chain and pick the best of it, and forget about the rest - therefore our selection has always been tiny. Custom running your own leather is a big five figure amount, also consider what could happen if they didn't get the exact specs right, like sheen or tone, color - there's tons of variables there and after taking your $30K they could **** out of a situation like that and say 'woops, sorry you don't like it' - very :fu: situation when you keep upping the ante beyond reasonable control. That's why I would just prefer to stay small and keep the offerings modest - it's having control of the situation that creates the quality.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This may have been discussed to death already, but I can't be bothered to go through the whole thread.

Drew have you though the whole relaunch brick and mortar thing through?

If I know you right you have probably obsessed about it, like I would, but you currently have a small overhead and can do what ever you want, opening a shop will limit you, plus create a BIG overhead rent, wages etc. I assume you are not going to be in the shop all day every day?

It seems like a big risk to take, closing down something that works, to change it.

Why not just change how you do things, from what you do now to create some more structure f.ex. do orders in bulk and only offer a style for 2 weeks at the time etc. or opening a spin of line e-shop with OTR pieces.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah I have, it's actually a perfect setup but I can't speak on it til I can grab the right real estate package for it. Having the store will actually cost me nothing, so that sounds good to me. Won't factor into the costs of the clothes that way, so good for everybody.

yipjam

Reaction score
I think he's trying to expand to the Japanese market, so having something tangible that can be seen and tried on will really prove the credibility and quality of his product much more than some images on the internet. Also I think he mentioned that he will be trying to cater for some higher-end consumers or celebrities so I think they will appreciate having something that can be seen in person and bought rather than going through an online ordering process.

Islander

Reaction score
Drew - I was thinking about getting a (non-bomber) jacket without the ribbed cuffs: moto, CM, VTG. Which pattern(s) do you think translate best in taller sizes and are there any materials issues to be aware of? You made a few suggestions re: proportions and general aesthetic when I was measuring for the CWU45 that really made all the difference with that jacket so I value your input. Feel free to PM if you want to take it off line or just reply here if you think anything useful can come from the discussion. Charly is helping me with my A-2, no worries there.

computurd

Reaction score
For people who have ribbed leathers (ie bombers), How much do you shorten non-ribbed leathers compared to your ribbed ones?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Drew - I was thinking about getting a (non-bomber) jacket without the ribbed cuffs: moto, CM, VTG. Which pattern(s) do you think translate best in taller sizes and are there any materials issues to be aware of? You made a few suggestions re: proportions and general aesthetic when I was measuring for the CWU45 that really made all the difference with that jacket so I value your input. Feel free to PM if you want to take it off line or just reply here if you think anything useful can come from the discussion. Charly is helping me with my A-2, no worries there.

of those, you'd want the 4-pocket Moto - need the top pockets to help break the visual expanse. They also define the chest a bit and at your height, would keep it from looking like leather curtains from your shoulders to your waist as they'd want to do otherwise.

materials wise, thinking maybe brown goat with the brown taped silver zips. Tough and thick enough to take a little abuse, lighter than calf and better out of the box feel. Completely classical, and no rib or fur to have to match to it - nice matchup. THe brown goat might fade and the whole thing would look vintage-y.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah I have, it's actually a perfect setup but I can't speak on it til I can grab the right real estate package for it. Having the store will actually cost me nothing, so that sounds good to me. Won't factor into the costs of the clothes that way, so good for everybody.

Okay, that explains a lot, sounds impressive that you can get a shop for little to no cost.

I'm well aware of the touch and feel thing when buying things, branding etc. it was just the stopping a sure thing, that I didn't get.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the impetus for making a brick and mortar store is quite simple though- many new people hear about us and ask if we have a store to visit in Seoul or Tokyo, and we have to say 'no'.... and really, we want to be able to say 'yes!' It's not going to be a massive flagship shop like I said, just a modest showroom. We've met up with a number of people over the years in Korea, and Korea isn't exactly a place where internet fashion dudes even go, so I imagine the turnout at the Tokyo store will be pretty good, actually.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a success, I was just curious about the thought process behind the changes.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
stopping orders is just that - we have seen the order load increase and we had to find a point where we were gonna cut the tap off on orders, in order to fulfill the ones we have and maybe create a break where we can develop new stuff. Being undermanned in this scenario is good for costs, but it means we gotta create our pace sometimes. Really no way around it at this point. Breaks may become even more commonplace for us in the future as we utilize time-sucking factory runs to wait on, as well as the added local market that might buy into some of the stock. I am not sure at this point, just taking it as it comes. I am not trying to push it into being something else, rather I am just looking at all of this as a way for the entity to breathe and be healthy.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the impetus for making a brick and mortar store is quite simple though- many new people hear about us and ask if we have a store to visit in Seoul or Tokyo, and we have to say 'no'.... and really, we want to be able to say 'yes!' It's not going to be a massive flagship shop like I said, just a modest showroom. We've met up with a number of people over the years in Korea, and Korea isn't exactly a place where internet fashion dudes even go, so I imagine the turnout at the Tokyo store will be pretty good, actually.

So did you ever decide on a name?

Last time someone asked I just said Drew Keith. Couldn't be bothered explaining.

"...temple of what?"

"jawnz? what is that?"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads