Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I was really close to ordering a brown goat A2, but decided lamb was definitely the way to go :nodding: Couldn't miss out on a lamb jacket from the current incarnation of TOJ. Wish I could order a 4 zip moto too, but not going to happen at this time. Also secretly hoping TOJ0 isn't re-released :embar:

2. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Do you have another TOJ leather? Kinda wondering how TOJ calf feels. The lamb is so soft, and the grain on the back of my Dr's lapel is so dense... really nice texture to touch.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012

3. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Yeah, those fits are really nice. Already have a black moto in lamb so know how nice that leather is and also got a suede A-1. So was tempted to try a different leather for the A-2, plus I'm planning to use this jacket during the fall and winter so seemed like goat would be a better choiche. But starting to think I should let the color be the deciding factor and in that case lamb will probably be the choice.

4. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Navy calf AMDR should be shipping next week :slayer:

The goat is really cool, but I decided it's just not for me.

*edit* How did you guys get the waist on your A2 sized compared to measured size?

5. omgcookielol

Wanted a black goat cwu-45, because I thought that the pebble grain texture would look amazing, and because I saw it as a jacket I'd wear all the time and would need to look good after taking a beating. In the end, I'm going to take Drew's advice since he knows his product better than anyone else, and go for black lamb on my ribbed cwu-45.

For my a2's waist, Charly suggested 17.5 inches, since my waist measurement came out to 33inches.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

CWU is a great choice. Was kind of torn between that and A2 for a while. I think the real issue with TOJ is I can't just buy them all. Do you have your A2 yet? How does that fit? Pretty much the same size differential for what he suggested to me.

7. omgcookielol

Not yet. My toj1 has practically the same measurements in the body, and the fit is amazing. I placed my order a couple of weeks back, but i recently changed the shoulder measurements to more closely mimic those of my dr, so im probably at the back of the queue now.

I went through the same situation though, and slept on it for a couple of months before deciding to get both. The cwu-45 is closer to my dream look (ma-1/ribbed cwu-45, tee, jeans tucked into guidi backzips &all black errthang), so it's going to be my go-to leather unless Drew okay's a bcdr, in which case I'll switch between the bcdr and cwu-45 regularly.

I bought the A2 for looking good and being comfortable on windy days, and cold nights. ... and as conversation bait, since girls love touching soft furry things. :foo:

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Should be a great look. I just have to trust that Drew will release some amazing pieces after the break :nodding:

9. omgcookielol

same here. i'm interested in seeing what might come of the TOJ moto, and peacoat after Drew&Co. return from their vacation. Not sure how much the peacoat has changed since the inception of TOJ, but IMO, the moto has been getting better with every iteration.

10. IDH

IDH Senior member

Bump :embar:

Drew - do you think the changes I have made will be enough to get it to fit like Jason Bourne's in this picture:

http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=12174

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Maybe he did? What is 'Tempo' ? :eek:

12. LTTP

LTTP Senior member

well, it does. :p

13. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

r63 amg? van space, sleeper. late reply sorry

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

dude the R63 is incredibly rare, I've heard of it and never seen one, yet Tokyo is like AMG central. It seriously must be the rarest AMG, because I've seen all the 1980's Hammer engined ones, even pre-Hammer W123 AMG's. haha. Nah I can't afford that for a work car anyway, when it comes to these things I don't overspend on business things. I think you have to draw a line to deliver cost performance with your product. The TOJ store is going to be rather modest, but that's how I would prefer it anyway.
    If I get a work car it's gonna be like a Nissan Cube-type thing (maybe a shrunken 660cc kei car version with cheap taxes) with a perpendicular back and maximized space for boxes and coolers, and boxes of jawns of course. :eek: Some of these clothing factories are pretty far away from Central Tokyo, I could ride the train or take a car and it'd cost around the same for two people, but one thing I have planned out is to go out to the clothing factories and also explore the Japanese countryside over time...

15. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Get a TOJ hieroglyphic monogrammed Daihatsu box thing. Shit would be adorable