TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

I think it has been previously established, but it looks like I am the exact same measurements as you in almost every way. Send me all of your jawnz. Thanks! Heck, I'll drive the hour down to save on shipping! :)

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I thought you were a bit more muscular than me?

I used to be around 145 lbs or so. I gave my old clothes away to my mom's friend's son already. He is styling from lightly used hand me downs from Barney's. I don't mind though, I would rather have someone else enjoy the stuff than having them sitting in my closet.

Drew,

Do you have any formal education in business, dude? I'm just wondering. You're pursuing the American dream in Japan, haha. :nodding:

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Perhaps. I just found out you are Thai American from your blog. Very nice, lived in Thailand for 3 years during my childhood. Cool place. We will need to meet up next time I'm down. I'll let you know. :slayer:

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yeah, man. Let me know. My school work load is manageable right now so the weekends would be good too! SF meet up Craigslist style...bromance, haha.

I still have properties back home and I will go back to build a home to my liking one day.

You're Korean, right? Listening to K-Pop right now while doing school work. :slayer:

Yo Drew, let me write your life story. Drew Keith: From Leather to Riches.

5. GBear

GBear Senior member

Haha, no, I'm Cantonese. Yeah, definitely need an LA SF meet up, would be fun.

6. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Drew, have you decided whether you want to bring back the bcdr yet? :embar: Placing an order for my next leather on Wednesday and it would be really cool to pick one up (if possible), and then get a ribbed black lamb cwu-45 with all of the trimmings at the end of the month. :slayer: Then I would have 2 riders, 2 bombers, a varsity, and room for the next iterations of the moto and peacoat when you get back. :satisfied:

Edit: hoping I'm not being too annoying with this. I just really wanna make sure that I pick one up if you're open to the idea before TOJ evolves and its too late.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

"Mind blown" indeed. I always thought you were some clean cut Korean dude that I would see on a Korean soap opera.

8. GBear

GBear Senior member

Drew says I look like Daniel Henney. Maybe that's who you're thinking about. He's half though. :)

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Nah, I plan on living the quiet life, already do now. I plan on being able to buy into the manufacturing side of luxury clothing and own some factories and staff them with experienced hands; a lot of that stuff is disappearing by the day but I want to make sure there's manufacturing there for people like me who want to create quality clothing and need a facility where people care about the product. There's just a huge difference between clothing created by people who go to work because they want to make clothes, and clothing created by people because it's a factory job and they just need a paycheck.

Apart from that I am gonna leverage my wife's cooking school diplomas and make this catering service for stars, because they want nicer food for their shoots and will pay for it, so we're gonna do that starting very soon. I might just end up being the delivery guy. :eek:

I still like cars but there's not tons you can do to make money with them, rather they just eat away at your money. The best way to enjoy sports cars without giving up all your money is to be a dealer, enjoy the cars as you flip them from wholesale to retail. At best you can make a few dollars that way, at worst you might break even on the whole thing and get the experience of trying out a bunch of different cars. I don't know if I will be able to do that, but maybe. It's a smart way to manage the hobby. There's a bar next to my house that is a tiny shop with just a cocktail bar counter and stools around it, and the floor is where this guy parks a different exotic/classic car on the floor as an objet. The car serves as a nice decoration for gearheads, and he uses it as his one-car showroom as he is a car dealer and rotates out the cars, hoping to sell some off the floor. I went and there was an LP640 in there. It's a good idea that could be developed even more, but probably wouldn't work in America where people will get drunk and mess up the cars. :eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Sounds like you found your niche. A classmate of mind has a catering company for the movie industry and he is caking (no pun intended).

Man, I knew a lot of people who went bankrupt opening their own car shops. They started out turning wrenches in the garage as a hobby. They think it can be a viable business so they took out huge loans, and buy lifts and such for a shop.

Your plan sounds pretty similar to mine. I still need to go back home to source my employees.

When times were better, there were a lot of automotive shops around here. Now, there are only a handful with most struggling. No one has the $5-7k to drop on a set of HRE wheels anymore.

My friend has a shop around here that has a similar set up to that picture of the Carrera GT. But even now, times are hard. He started with selling car parts, then expanded into having a paint shop next to it.

11. Arctic

Arctic Member

Thank you for all your answers.
    It's not like I expect lambskin to disintegrate in rain showers, but it seems to require more cautiousness. Not sure if I'm totally prepared for the goatskin texture, though. Lamb smoothness seems like a safer choice.

Chest: 38.6", midsection: 33.1". Charly recommended 18.5".

Real life experience. Exactly what I needed to hear.

Thank you for the link. Your measurements seems like a close match to what I need. Charly recommended 27.0" sleeve length. I will try to make some last minute adjustments.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

SA @ Bloomingdale's today loved my jacket and asked if it was a Tempo. I was hoping he said "Temple" but alas.

13. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Fuck, was almost set on going with brown goat for my A-2, but this makes me think that lamb is probably better if I want a nice brown jacket.

14. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Think of how navy blue appears somewhat black under office lights, but lights up in the sun. That's how I'm picturing the brown goat right now.

15. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

The two best A2 fits are in brown lamb.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You really can't go wrong with brown lamb, man. :slayer: when I heard that black goatskin would be an acceptable option for an A2 I decided to stick with lamb anyways. 4 types of softness (buttery lamb leather, suede, shearling, and wool ribbing) in one jacket is a luxury that i just cant pass up.

Last edited: May 12, 2012