Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I 'think' I saw somewhere in this thread about the making of the ToJ with pictures, but could not find it. What is it like?

Are they made in a small-to-medium sized factory with workers (a couple crappy clothing makers I interned were like this), or in a small dark basement with few artisans (azummas and ahjussis) working under small light bulbs, a-la-Japanese glasses maker style?

Last edited: May 10, 2012

2. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Truth. I was thinking lamb a2 but I'm also about a 56 and drew wrote a post in reply to one of yours saying that might be too big for lamb (or was that just lamb suede he was preferring to)

3. Islander

Islander Senior member

He was referring to the lamb suede, the hides are quite small.

4. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

i'm interested in Drew's thoughts on this as well...i just sent payment for a DR and currently own a bomber

just 10 minutes ago i was taking measurements on another jacket i own trying to make sure that i committed on a size that will give me the fit i want...and i really should be in bed since i have to wake up for work in 4.5 hours :dozingoff:

i'm sure this won't be the last time i do this either

5. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

It's not worth your time finding out. Explored it initially as it was more British based than here...but it turned out to be full of supreme/bape/nike garbage. Few good posters like seenmy...but I generally just like to troll it and wind people up now to pass a few hours in the office.

6. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Well-Known Member

IF anyone is interested i have a size 48 toj1 with 27" sleeves white/grey combo for sale!

PM me for further details.

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Thanks for the info

And no pants tracking # today :(

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

DR tracking # received.

:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Last edited: May 11, 2012

9. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

At this rate the first batch might come out by the time the TOJ revolution is complete :)

In the market for a pair of black garbadine pants, but don't want to wait 10 weeks for them. The TOJs do look great though.

10. Arctic

Arctic Member

A couple of weeks ago I put in an order for my first quality leather jacket, the brown lamb A-2 bomber. At that time I was told that goatskin was not an option for the bomber. After reading Drew's recent posts, however, that seems possible for an additional cost of $65. And now I'm starting to have second thoughts. Main reason for considering goatskin over lamb is that I live up north in Scandinavia, where we often face changing weather conditions (rain, snow, etc.). Goatskin seems more durable than lambskin, and hence has potential to be worn for more seasons of the year.

Options:
    1) Stick to the brown lamb A-2.
    2) Change the A-2 order from brown lamb to dark brown or black goat.

(A third option might be to order a black goat 4-zip Moto (w/silver zippers) in addition to the brown lamb A-2, but I haven't really planned for this extra spending.)

Any advice?

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

if that is the case and you plan on wearing in wet conditions, go to black goat. You won't be disappointed.

12. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I dunno, for $65, it seems to be worth it.

Goat is more durable than lamb and will probably fare better in temperament weather.

13. Arctic

Arctic Member

Occasional rain showers often come as a surprise, especially during spring and autumn. Don't intend to use it a rain jacket, but it would be too bad if weather should ruin a lambskin jacket.
    Black goat, black shearling collar, no name patch. What zippers do you recommend for this combo, Drew?

I could also need some final sizing advice (length and waist). I'm 6"1' and weigh 165 pounds. I settled on front length 23.5", but have started thinking I should extend this to 24.0" since it is a bomber. Waist is 18.6", but I should maybe loosen it up a bit. What do you think?

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

occasional rain showers won't ruin a lamb jacket fyi

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Just be sure you know what the texture is like. I got a sample from Langlitz, and it's definitely not for me.