1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sheeeepo

sheeeepo Active Member

Can't wait on the MA-1. How long will an order made in the next few days take to process? Considering some models are being discontinued, and wool being (I assume) easier to work with than leather, will it be made quicker than a leather jacket? Can't wait to get my hands on one (although I originally wished for nylon [​IMG])!

2. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

following my reputation for unpopular ideas in this thread how about a camel herringbone for the ma-1?

3. click here

click here Senior member

[​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    4 people like this.
  5. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

:'O i'll queep quiet

6. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

well it looks like this is the part of the year where I spend all of my money gg

1 person likes this.
  7. impolyt_one

I'm just kidding. A dark camel MA-1 might cool, as in like a khaki. Problem is, the shades of suiting wool are kinda limited and I don't know exactly what is out there that fits the creterion, besides black and navy, and of course there are a couple shades of grey.

8. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Does the black lamb ma-1 have ruffling at the back of the sleeves like OG ma1s? That would be sick!

9. impolyt_one

doesn't out of the box, but then gets it as you wear it in.

10. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Also does Lambskin ma-1 come with any padding and/or is your thickest lambskin used for this jkt (I read somewhere that lambskin on a2 was thicker than those used on mdr?)

All this ma-1 news has me excited!

11. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Also does Lambskin ma-1 come with any padding and/or is your thickest lambskin used for this jkt (I read somewhere that lambskin on a2 was thicker than those used on mdr?)

All this ma-1 news has me excited!

12. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

I should really learn to amalgamate my questions. What lining is used in the lambskin ma-1?

13. I'd guess sateen like everything else, but you should probably email Charly considering that he 1) takes the orders and 2) actually has one of them.

I'm still undecided between classic black or waiting to see if a grey turns up for the wool MA-1. Hmm.

1 person likes this.
  14. ASander

ASander Active Member

I'm sure this will spark some rage, but are you saying the TOJ1 is available to order until 1/13? If so in what colors?

I sent an email asking about it recently and was told only the TOJ1 2O11 is available.

15. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I am thinking of the combination of Red Calf + QDR + Double diamond needle quilt

Would that be too much you think? And I read through the blog, i'm assuming the Diamond quilt is offered on the regular Double Rider too right, not just the new band collar?

16. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

How's the sizing gonna be on the ma-1, will there be a chart?

toj1 never worked for me sadly cause if i sized up to fit my shoulders, the body was too big. hoping the ma-1 is a slightly different cut.

1 person likes this.

Well the ToJ1 never came back, so it couldn't discontinued. He clearly meant the 2011 version.

ToJ1 fits a bit tight in the shoulder for me too, no problems with my MA-1:A. Assuming it's due to the raglan sleeve and no shoulder vent.

1 person likes this.
  18. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Cant go wrong with classic black. I really like the contrast of the silver hardware with the black. Grey would be nice depending on the shade of grey. Also, would be rad If the suiting wool came with a bit more sheen.

19. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

the TOJ1 is the reversible one with the nylon MA-1 on the other side?

Personally not interested, but it seems a bunch of guys are set on a nylon MA-1...

If the TOJ0 was back on the other hand...

20. hipster

hipster Senior member

black lamb quilted mdr with silver zips coming

[​IMG]