1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. click here

click here Senior member

So how much will the jackets rise in price come 2013? $25? $50?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

JC is on my very limited SW&D kop list for 2013. Saving toward a JLC MUT Moon Phase. :nodding:

PS Drew, my female friends are still in favor of the quilting being reduced down the sleeve. Also inquiries regarding the wool MA-1 for women.

PPS I'll pour out a *flute of Grande Dame for you.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Goat = soft, textured all over, slightly water resistant
    Lamb = insanely soft, usually smooth (with some natural graining here and there) and not as water resistant. The lamb, though, is the one that people put their hands on and can't get enough of. I think as most can attest to here, the TOJ lamb will make you new friends, whether you want it to, or not.

Zippers: prefer the look of the silver, and the one-way operation is lighter and smoother than the two-way antiques. I just prefer them a whole lot more. It's worth considering what color leather you want first though, and then deciding on the zipper color.

We haven't set it in stone yet, but me and Charly were doing numbers and it's somewhere between those two figures. We haven't figured in a foreign exchange loss rate yet, so still subject to change.

4. impolyt_one

might be worth looking into, though we did reduce the length of the quilt down the arm by 1" on the 2nd sample... didn't mention that as it mostly looked the same but the one inch adjusted it out of interfering with the elbow. That's all that was needed there. Because of the way the quilt is patched on the side, I don't want to cut the quilting too short, as I fear a football-padding look on the shoulder if I were to just cut it off way up the upper arm.

2 people like this.
  5. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

I've handled the lamb before, but I want something a bit tougher. Would black goat mdr look good? When you say it's textured, would you say that the texture is even throughout the jacket? I don't much like the uneven natural graining on the lamb.

6. impolyt_one

It's textured, similar to scotch grain but milder. It looks good on an MDR.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

Might as well go for silver club before the 13' price hike

tentatively
    #4 - navy suede QBCDR
    #5 - black lamb qmoto

although i might flip the colors and go black lamb, navy calf

8. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Would it work on a slim jacket? Like I know the lamb stretches a bit so it ends up fitting comfortably, but does the goat do that? Also, I'm assuming that the goat is more durable than the lamb...

9. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Not sure about stretching but goat is no less soft than lamb, and no thicker than lamb and is perhaps even softer over time. If you want a jacket to beat the hell out of get calf. Worth noting that lorcan's mdr is brown lamb not black.

10. impolyt_one

get the BCDR with quilt, moto does not need quilt.

11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

I'll take your word for it about the qmoto, i know for sure I want a QBCDR and a moto, one in navy, one in black. Drew you think navy suede on the first, black lamb on the second is the best combo?

Also is MTM also going away in 13'?

12. impolyt_one

yes;

and

yes, eventually, but not right now. I've said it before, but we'll probably still run MTM in some form. If it's a matter of effort and production lot space that MTM vies for though, there will likely be an added surcharge to MTM something rather than buy it off the to-be site in a stock size.

13. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

After seeing lesamourai's goat moto, I think I'm going to go with the black goat 3zip mdr with (?) zips. I await Charly's response now.

What zips to get, silver 1 ways or gunmetal 2 ways?

14. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

imo silver zips sound good with the natural sheen that the textured goat gives off.

15. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

def silver zips

16. Leather

Leather Senior member

You'd like silver if you are going more for the biker look because it stands out a lot, but if you want a more subdued color than gunmetal is better.

17. gong

gong Senior member

Any word on next shipment? I think (hope) I'm in there :eek:

18. AllWiseMen

AllWiseMen Member

Charly informed me on the 28th that they'd be shipping mine out about 2 weeks from then (Jan 11th). Not sure how frequently the team makes shipping runs but that's a pretty good bet.

19. impolyt_one

I go back to Korea tomorrow evening. We'll do shipping on Friday (skipped last week's shipping due to holidays)

1 person likes this.
  20. gong

gong Senior member

[​IMG]