TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

Bomber fits are supposed to be a little looser as it isn't as aggressive as a DR. That's perfect.

2. aether

aether Senior member

the fit looks pretty damn spot on when open.

but I bet you're movement is pretty constricted, no? my MA-1 looked so damn perfect on me, but even so it restricted movement too much.

Last edited: May 8, 2012

3. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Need more length in the sleeves for a bomber, but the body of the jacket looks perfect for you.

4. otc

otc Senior member

That's only really something I would wear outside when it was hot enough that I couldn't wear a jacket or anything heavier so it would never be worn with the jacket...but I think you may be right that in general, the bomber may go better with my ill-developed style. Unfortunately, the bomber doesn't quite appeal to me as much as the more aggressive jackets (also, I think the more aggressive cuts would benefit from getting the MTM treatment now while looser things would be ok with stock sizes). a rider might not go with what I wear every day, but I think it would be more fun on the weekend when I don't have to dress for work.

Drew commented on the double riders not working well on a larger frame when they are unzipped...but I have noticed that being barrel chested seems to make all unzipped/unbottoned jackets look terrible since there is nothing to draw them in around my waist and they bow out way forward rather than just spreading to the sides. Since I'd have it at least partially zipped, I'm less worried about it throwing off my proportions (and if anything, having it properly fitting should help accentuate the good parts of my proportions).

What leather/color is that-- Brown Lamb? or is it something like the dark brown goat. If something convinces me to change my mind to a bomber, its probably going to be your pics...so I would say it fits you pretty well :)

5. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

dude needs longer arms and he needs to snap down his collar. the rest looks perfect

6. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Yeah I was thinking along those lines... yes, I know I'm not crazy

Correct; restricted, but just barely enough movement to handle normal tasks

It's brown lamb - I wish I'd picked goat though....:foo:

About the big frames,... I don't know if I can pull off a DR but there's only one way to find out... Bomber is a logical first choice for people who have lots of doubts...it looks boring, conservative, but once I walked into a room full of girls waiting for some fortran tutoring, there had previously been so much lively chatter and giggling - then suddenly everything turned silent for 10-15 seconds... it was tough, trying hard not to smile

Anyway, feedback is good, all kinds of opinions, unsurprising tbh, different tastes, different opinions about how things should fit.

7. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

It looks good, but isn't perfect like some of you are saying.. The way Drew has worn them is how a bomber should fit. He's also highlighted some good examples, like I <3 bacon's pr willy's. I sized my CWU-45/P like that and came to realize the proportions just didn't feel right. The jacket should have longer sleeves and fit a bit more relaxed. As long as the shoulders and chest are sized right, the bomber should still have a relatively slim silhouette without looking like its too small.

8. candrew

candrew Senior member

Definitely love the longer sleeves for a bomber. I specifically lengthened my sleeves by 3'' to get a more stacked effect. I sized the lengths on my BBall order the same way to get the nice sleeve stacking.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

9. Arctic

Arctic Member

Re-posted later. The post was history when it had passed moderation.

Last edited: May 11, 2012

10. IronKnochs

IronKnochs Senior member

IMO that goat looks like the kind of leather you'd find on a women's handbag.

"I'm wearing my Coach A-2 today, isn't it just lovely?"

11. istasi

istasi Senior member

Sure, but you can also find lamb and calf and snakeskin and whatever other kinds of leather on women's handbags too.

12. chaos

chaos Senior member

the sleeves on my fqhh bomber are too long by 2" or so, the sleeve doesn't stack much since the leather is too stiff. the ribbed cuffs fold in on themselves and invert into the sleeve lol (sometimes the elastic cuffs aren't even visible).

to get proper stacking, you need to be careful in sizing the sleeve widths so that your arms fill out the space inside the sleeves

[​IMG]

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

:facepalm:

14. candrew

candrew Senior member

I definitely agree that it would work best with lamb and yeah you have to size a bit looser since your arm is fitting inside the stacks, not inside the specified width, but it's a minor adjustment.

15. Kross

Kross Senior member

Fuck, all this talk about big dudes not being able to pull off DRs has me shitting myself. I hope I can do my 4zip justice.