Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.
Doesn't appear to be happening. Just order what you want now since you don't have long
Drew, your advice please (and apologies as these questions have probably been asked many times, I just did not see them in my admittedly desultory searches).
1. Would you use the peacoat in a formal/ corporate environment? if so, which color - I 'm split between black or blue?
2. A2 Bomber or CWU-45? Goat or lamb?
3. The QDR - black or green (OG or BG) lamb?
4. Is there one 'classic' TOJ jacket you would recommend? I have the tan Bbal and the VTG collared Moto.
Which jacket is this? And is the snake-esque skin on the inside custom-made? I think it's absolutely beautiful.
The Monty Python X TOJ collab.
Custom Minimalist DR made as a one-off for me. Snakeskin is anaconda hide that Drew sourced himself.
good questions, i'll Q+A in order;
1) yes, most definitely. Can't fit over a suit jacket but if you're likely to just wear say, trousers, a shirt, and a light knit - spot on, would look very nice. I have done fits like this previously. Expect people to comment on how nice the leather collar backing is.
2) A2 or CWU, either or. Get the CWU in black lamb, or try the A2 in black goat if you like the sound of that. Haven't seen any orders for black goat A2's but that would be so spot on. Try without the name patch on the A2 if going black goat. That was originally a nice contrast between lamb and lamb suede, but the goat is harder and the matchup would be less congruent. The A2 jacket itself in goat would be phenomenal though, with that fur collar.
3) QDR, the black lamb is excellent, the greens are calf, also good for the QDR. You saw how good that red Moto was - expect the a bottle green QDR to be shockingly good like that as well. For you thoughm I'll be totally honest here, I may not recommend the QDR - I don't know your frame exactly, but you had requested us to make jackets more relaxed in fit previously- nothing wrong with that because we make something for everyone, but the QDR is one of those jackets for the skinny guys. I say this because it has horizontal features across the width of the sleeve head, and DR's when worn open do not flatter, they have the extra width behind the zipper that normally overlaps when closed. The visual appearance is wide across the midsection. Guys who are not slim will look biker'ish, guys who are slim will find this style suitable. Some styles just aren't cut out for each person. I can't really wear DR's either and I'm slim. Just not my style tbh. The green leather is nice in other models.
4) Yes, there are. Considering the above, and considering all the models in the stable, if you don't have a black lamb Moto, you may want to consider that. It seems simple but the chances one has to pick up a perfect fitting black single-breasted leather with minimal decoration - those chances are rare. In general, for everybody - the jackets you see pop in this thread often, like black 2010 DR, the MDR, the Moto - those are staple and just don't disappoint.
You mentioned that you're considering offering the oxford shirts during the hiatus. What about the trousers? Are those going away as well after the 1st?
Thanks Drew, will keep what you said in mind. For the peacoat though, would either black or Navy do for a corporate environment?
take it to a cobbler, chances are that if they don't have any ideas they'll know a reputable leather cleaner (or be able to send it to one themselves).
yes, trousers won't be on offer for awhile. Those are made to order and Dan is going to America for a month once orders are all completed. The items that will be on offer will be batch-made pieces, made in Japan that I can send out without a lead time. I am still mulling over shirts but they would be basic, I won't be trying to offer anything crazy. You guys know by now that I keep stuff pretty staple.
So I know someone brought up the quilted BCDR availability, I was wondering if there's any possibility to the regular model BCDR being available? or do you strictly want to keep the current lineup? I was thinking of getting a jacket in lambskin, I just recently ordered another jacket after recieving my moto.
I put an order in for this a couple weeks ago
either or, have a spot for the navy one though. With the black leather trim it looks modern and you will have people contemplating the perennial navy with black debate, and be winning it.
This is medium gray right?
I think I have narrowed down my choice to an MDR with color preference in the following order.
1. Medium Gray
2. Black Lamb
3. Dark Brown Goat (if only because I like the idea of goat that might break in to something really cool).
The only reason for the wavering between gray and brown is that while I think the gray would be more versatile with my wardrobe, I fear it might be a little bit lighter in color in person than I would like and that it would end up getting dirty easily...while the classic black isn't going to have that issue.
Not fully decided on 3zip vs 4zip MDR. As an already bigger dude, I am not sure that I want the horizontal pocket lines (but it may also be an issue of only seeing photoshop mockups of the 4zip and tons of great pics of the real 3zip)
And the outside would be black lamb I presume?
Separate names with a comma.