• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

How does the whiskey lamb compare to the whiskey calf I keep finding pictures of?
And does it darken a bit over time with wear/UV exposure?

Frankly, not even close in this case. The Italian calfskin we had is really nice, and I don't know if it's still available or what. It was in very limited quantities. I don't know the answer to the last question but I'd assume the lambskin doesn't change much with just UV light.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frankly, not even close in this case. The Italian calfskin we had is really nice, and I don't know if it's still available or what. It was in very limited quantities. I don't know the answer to the last question but I'd assume the lambskin doesn't change much with just UV light.

Sounds like it is gone (even that extra bit of dark whiskey that turned up).... :(

but if any more turns up before my order gets finalized and made...I'd be happy to take it off your hands

johanm

Reaction score

What is the light brown calfskin like (and for that matter, the medium and dark)?

Last edited:

Sean9

Reaction score
Looking to order before the cutoff but can't decide on which...

I usually wear Number (N)ine, Ann D, Helmut Lang and old Raf with a bit of Undercover mixed in. I'm stuck between the TOJ1 or MDR (obviously opposite ends of the spectrum) the reason I'm not sure as (in my opinion) a nice leather jacket is a lifelong investment is that I remember it being mentioned that the leathers would be back. In an ideal world I would have both but I can't comfortably afford both before the cutoff date. Should I TOJ1 and bank on the leathers coming back or play it safe and get the leather?

Also random question, what is the 'artishard jacket'?

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The leather seems like something that would benefit more from MTM rather the TOJ1, which is something that I believe could still fit very well OTR. It's probably even a safe bet that something like the TOJ1 coming back. The reincarnation sounds like it will be far more than even what is currently offered. The one thing, however, that you can definitely bank on is no MTM.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I usually wear Number (N)ine, Ann D, Helmut Lang and old Raf with a bit of Undercover mixed in.  I'm stuck between the TOJ1 or MDR (obviously opposite ends of the spectrum) the reason I'm not sure as (in my opinion) a nice leather jacket is a lifelong investment is that I remember it being mentioned that the leathers would be back.  In an ideal world I would have both but I can't comfortably afford both before the cutoff date.  Should I TOJ1 and bank on the leathers coming back or play it safe and get the leather? 

main.php

the man himself, just an altered mdr

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
*without the visible snaps

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I usually wear Number (N)ine, Ann D, Helmut Lang and old Raf with a bit of Undercover mixed in.  I'm stuck between the TOJ1 or MDR (obviously opposite ends of the spectrum) the reason I'm not sure as (in my opinion) a nice leather jacket is a lifelong investment is that I remember it being mentioned that the leathers would be back.  In an ideal world I would have both but I can't comfortably afford both before the cutoff date.  Should I TOJ1 and bank on the leathers coming back or play it safe and get the leather? 

4-zip MDR for you sir. No question.

glundr

Reaction score
drew what is one jacket/leather combo you think peeps have really been sleeping on? And conversely what kind of stuff do you see lots of people want to order that isn't the best choice aesthetically? just curious, i want to order before the cutoff

Ketawa

Reaction score
Forum doesn't seem to like my iPad so here is the cwu with dark brown goat in link form. Dat texture.
http://i.imgur.com/DqaoN.jpg
It's a stock 48 fwiw.

Interesting, that looks almost black to me.

Does anyone know if the dark brown calf and horse is this dark? I'm thinking about picking up a 4-zip Moto and trying to decide on the color.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drew what is one jacket/leather combo you think peeps have really been sleeping on? And conversely what kind of stuff do you see lots of people want to order that isn't the best choice aesthetically? just curious, i want to order before the cutoff
Drew posted something a while back, gives good insight on what combos he likes. bolded below.

good question and I should've addressed the other question like this a few pages back but I've lost the post now, the one asking why so many people go for the same makeup as the sample colors, there's definitely more than just those.
I'd say, off hand;
2010 DR, basically all of the available colors, but I'm not cracked up on the idea of cream/off white - skip that one if you want my opinion.
Lamb: black, brown, navy, whiskey, sand, bottle green, olive green, cream/off white, medium gray, light dove gray.
Calf: black, brown (light, medium/standard and dark), navy, olive green, bottle green.
Goat: dark brown, black.
Horse: medium brown, dark brown.
If you want the best of the best of that list, I'd say the two green Italian calf leathers are insane quality leather, if you want something solid but not yet done before, go for the goatskins, and if you want the standby, black lamb of course
Moto - black or brown calf or goat, or brown horse; whisky or sand tan if you can swag it
MDR, I like the 4-zip version, get it in black or brown goatskin, or one of the calf colors, or black lamb
QDR, all the lamb colors work, the two green calfskins, skip the goat and horse for this model. You want something softer that lets the leather undulate from the many stitch lines on this jacket, it's an amazing effect. Black lamb is standby here again

A2 Bomber - black or brown lamb, or black or dark brown goat
CWU-45 - black lamb
Bball - tan or grey calf suede
A-1 Bomber - colored lamb suede
T-1 and T-3 jackets - colored lamb suede
am I missing any?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Artishard's is being fixed for what it's worth. So really only two.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads