1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. VLSI

VLSI Distinguished Member

Order placed. Huge thanks to Charly and all his patience. If I had to deal with me, I might go insane.

Had a freakout over measurements last night 6 weeks in on my other order, but got it handled. I'm no longer sure MTM going by the wayside is a bad thing. I've never worried so much about buying a "medium"

Last edited: May 3, 2012

3. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Hmm that CWU-45 is growing on me--anyone know which color and leather this is?
    http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=10208

Not sure I am really keen on the waistband and cuffs though, I like the idea of everything on the outside being leather except for the metal hardware.

4. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior Member

Just about ready to place my order. The silver hardware is still available, for anyone who wanted to know.

5. istasi

istasi Distinguished Member

4 zip MDR in black goat with silver hardware would be :drool:

6. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior Member

Don't hesitate on the TOJ fishtail guys. I love mine so much that if and when I move later this month, I'm gonna keep it stored with someone local for when I return to visit the Bay Area. Since it got cold again, I've been wearing it as much as I can knowing I might not have many opportunities to later. In terms of warmth I've worn Schott Peacoats during an Eastern Montana winter and it felt just fine(it ranged from like 0-40 with horrible wind chills, the red bull could be frozen by the time you got in the car). I think the fishtail without the liner is just as warm. I'm sure you'd be pretty nice and toasty with the liner and the hood up.

I think the TOJ military trinity would involve a parka, flight jacket, and a field coat. But a wool fishtail, leather bomber, and nylon bomber is good too. If only Drew had put out a suede or waxed cotton M-65.

7. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior Member

I didn't put my liner in once this winter as it wasn't terribly cold this year (southern Ontario) but when I did put it in to see what it's like it was boiling so you should be fine. IMO it looks/drapes better without the liner in.

8. yipjam

yipjam Senior Member

I'm thinking of getting a second TOJ leather, already getting a medium grey lamb MDR. I think I want a black leather so I'm thinking of getting a black 2010 DR / 4 zip MDR. Do you guys think I should go with gunmetal or silver hardware? Would gunmetal hardware match the calf better because of the 'rugged' look?

9. El Giggity

El Giggity Well-Known Member

Same ordered my second Toj, 2 days of non stop measuring, now comes the panic, fucking get toj sweats, I have faith in Charly, just hope I got my measurments right second time round, has it been confirmed that lead time is down now, or it's going to be soon? @ candrew that a2 looks sick man, cool look too, need to get some black denim to rock with mine

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Mine has no snaps...

11. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

So we have 2 models of the same model? Fuck everything.

12. rirakuma

rirakuma Senior Member

pretty sure its brown lamb. The ribbing is a classic detail for that jacket.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

It's not really a "model"... not sure if seriously worked up or not.

14. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

Does your collar stay the way you want it, even without a snap? or does it move around?

15. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

How does the whiskey lamb compare to the whiskey calf I keep finding pictures of?

And does it darken a bit over time with wear/UV exposure?