TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Really? What did you have in mind originally with the quilting patterns? I can't envision a way that could make it look any better.

I'm a big fan of the bcdr because it brings together various aspects of other jackets that you've made that I like: The banded hem of the cm/Mdr, the moto snaps, rider lapels, the quilting and assymetric line running up the front of the jacket, which are both exclusive to this model, and the really attractive panelling on the sleeve between the upper and lower arm quilting.:inlove: (seriously, I admire this a lot on my toj1's sleeves.) It seems like you let a lot of your personal creativity come out and do it's thing to make a jacket unlike any other on the market.

I mean, there are a ton of details going into it, but everything feels balanced - including the details on the back. On the sleeves, there's that space between the lower quilting and upper quilting, which some people complained about, but I think as it softens, that goes away, and with even more wear, develops those really attractive hard wear creases... like a canvas to showcase individual wear.
    [​IMG]

Others have done bcdrs, but I think you took a lot of your strengths from designing your other jackets and put them into your interpretation of the bcdr, and that led to a very handsome, aggressive jacket made with impressive material and skill.

Last edited: May 2, 2012

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Artishard mdr

3. diekeyser

diekeyser Well-Known Member

Was planning on ordering an a2 in brown lamb but now thinking that the brown goatskin might be the better option
    Really need to do my research on the qualities of goatskin

4. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

It's really a shame the BCDRs never really took off. I should've gotten one in a medium grey when I had the chance.

5. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Is a 2010 moto in the realm of possibilities? Just wondering.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Drew spoke to the differences between the goat and lamb a while ago but I can't search for it effectively on my phone. Would a goat A2 come with a fur collar? Goat is darker too right?

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I <3 my medium grey BCDR, although obviously it's quite a bit more subdued than the quilted model.

Kinda wish I had the opportunity to get a brown goat A-2 before the cutoff (I assume goat won't be an option after the reboot), but I'm sure there'll be even more drool-worthy stuff coming out when things are back up and running again.

8. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Yes, but the collar stays the same colour (so it no longer matches)

Goat is heavier, more textured. Creep Aeglus's tumblr for a good pic of the texture.

9. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

I'm debating between Black MDR w/ gunmetal hardware, black/ black artishard, and black/ gunmetal artishard. First leather, and I just can't decide...

10. 2balls

2balls Senior member

For anyone who can answer this, has the price point of the new business model been discussed at all? Moving away from mtm will we see a shift in pricing at all or will it remain relatively the same?

11. johanm

johanm Senior member

Have been looking through the thread for inspiration for my order(s) before the cutoff date. One thing I find interesting is Drew's view on leathers. Seems like he used to favor blacks and greys in lamb. More recently he's been pushing the goat and calf in different colors, including brown, green, and red. Seems like he's gravitating away from the goth ninja / Belgian palette and more toward the old-school 50s/60s traditional American style. Maybe this is what to expect from TOJ 2.0. Am I right Drew?

Last edited: May 2, 2012

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I don't believe it has been mentioned, but you, me, and many others have a keen interest in the answer. Millions of lives hang in the balance.

13. candrew

candrew Senior member

Black MDR, *silver* hardware [​IMG]

14. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

definitely. excited to see the new single zip silver hardware.

15. AnImp

AnImp Well-Known Member

Where do you see silver/ do you have any pictures? Not on the ToJ site as far as I can tell