TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. lowk

lowk Senior member

Was just curious if there were any new ones or special suede colors that were out since looking at pics there seems to be a lot more color choices and shades.

2. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

So I just receiver my moto, I was wondering if I'd be able to use the same measurements or would they need to be different? I'm already pretty set on what I want to get. Did anyone ever end up order anything in a sky blue that I think was available at one time.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Why would they be different? You submit your body measurements, Charly does the rest. Tweak as you feel appropriate based on the how the moto you just received fits.

4. rirakuma

rirakuma Senior member

The dark whiskey looks great. Its not as bling as I thought it would be (in a good way), I shoulda ordered it when it was available.

5. snake

snake Senior member

Is there a measurement chart out for the slim trousers?

6. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

^Prelim one:

[​IMG]

Anyone get a tracking number for theirs?

7. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Must sign up for tumblr just to follow Aeglus. His TOJ collection :drool:

nineohtoo, I believe bows said he did a few pages back.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

8. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

Wait, those waist measurements are for the waist measured flat across, right?

e: wait waist waste

9. johanm

johanm Senior member

:rolleyes: I realize you're just parroting what everyone else says in response to fit questions, but It's a reasonable question. Charly can assure that your jacket technically "fits" but he can't be expected to tell you how to adjust for layering, or whether this or that jacket looks better in a close or relaxed fit for your style and body type, etc. That sort of conversation is more appropriate for a forum where people can talk about their experiences.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Sizing for layering is still up to the buyer. We don't know how you want to wear your jacket, and it's really not that hard man, just put on the layers in question and measure over them. We can't make a jacket that fits tight with no layers and then fits over thick sweaters just the same, so you have to either compromise or measure to the state you plan on wearing the jacket.

11. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

What I really meant on measurements was more so for the leather, I went with calf for my moto but I wanted to get lamb for 2010 it seems like its more pliable straight out the bag. I was thinking maybe because it's cut a little differently I should go with a shorter length and maybe a little more narrower on the shoulders?

12. johanm

johanm Senior member

Exactly what I was saying. It would be silly to size a 2010 dr which looks best fitted and cropped the same way as a goatskin bomber that you are planning on wearing with chunky sweaters. At a minimum you would want a looser arm measurement with the latter.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

no, measurements are basically the same for all rider's jackets.

14. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Oh ok, I just thought I'd make sure. I was also wondering drew is the olive Italian calfskin a lot different than the other calfskin you use? because I want to get 2010 DR in navy lambskin but now that I got my moto calfskin. I'm almost tempted to get that in olive.

15. chaos

chaos Senior member

IIRC, Dan has mentioned that the olive calfskin 2010 DR was the nicest jacket ever made by TOJ; bear in mind that he's seen/overseen the production of thousands of jackets... you should definitely get the olive calfskin if it's still available. I have the graphite Italian calfskin and I really like it - it seems to be more pliable than the regular calf, but that doesn't mean it's any less substantial (the jacket is heavier than my FQHH bomber) - and also, the texture is beautiful

edit: I remember artishard mentioning that his old navy lambskin, while nice, is not comparable to the standard NZ black lamb. IMO stick with the black lambskin (if you want lamb) or go with the olive calf