1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Yes, but that period is over.

2. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

If you guys did that with baby lamb spanish merino....I would pay any premium. Add a variety of colors....would order every color lol!

3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Navy Calf DR - Arm holes and shoulders are quite snug, does it look too small?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    7 people like this.
  4. krnxbab0

krnxbab0 Senior member

AriGold I actually thought you could be Ari Gold til now lol. i like the fit but a little tight on the chest .

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What's up with all the bunching in the back? Making me really question my decision to go gunmetal hardware...

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

ha ha i recognized the street cleaning signs

7. Kross

Kross Senior member

Want see new jacket!

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

no one needs anything on here, want on the other hand.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

Is the gun metal hardware still available?

10. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Senior member

Not quite, I'm still waiting... yet again, as much as I would love to agree with you. =(

11. emilo

emilo Senior member

Yeah, the biker style jackets coming out now have had a production time of approx 3½ months. But that's not to say that if you put in an order now, it will take more than 8 weeks to ship.

12. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

As you should be...I have owned both gunmetal and silver, and the silver is crazy cool - takes the jacket to a different level. Makes the gunmetal look almost dirty.

Ari, is the jacket new? Wear it around the house for like 10-20 hours zipped up, if it's lamb it will stretch to you. I have significantly wider delts than most guys, and mine almost looked like yours when I first got it, and I was kinda disappointed, but over time it really morphs to your body. I can picture that leather fitting you really nicely in a few weeks - just get your hands all over it (seems like oil from my hands has changed the leather a bit? maybe just my imagination), throw it on the floor at night, don't baby it. It'll break in nicely. Cool leather color, too.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I mean that if you order now, it's not gonna be six months. Hope you get yours soon!

14. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Well my legal name is now Ari Goldstein.

15. otc

otc Senior member

There's a second benefit to a TOJ used market (besides granting a discount to people who don't want to wait for one with their own measurements).

It means those of us who own jackets have willing buyers. It lowers the risk to entry a little bit. If you are not sure something will fit or work with your style, there are plenty of people who will very happily pick up a used TOJ. You'll have to sell it at a discount, but it seems like less of a discount than a similar non-TOJ garment might require.

Imagine trying to sell a MTM blazer that you ordered from some guy in japan who's got a company in korea who put it all together for you--no, they don't have a website, just an email and a tumblr with some pictures. I don't know much about the going rates of used TOJ, but it sounds like you can sell the core pieces at what...a $150 discount? Much more willing to take a risk if that is all that is on the line (you're going to lose a lot more money trying to sell a MTM/custom piece from somewhere that's not a forvm favorite)

1 person likes this.
  16. ts18

ts18 Senior member

psych101

17. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

haha a little maslow? haven't seen any reference to that stuff in ages

18. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

u lie!

and, also, jacket is a bit small

19. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I honestly think it looks fine, it just depends on your body type really in looking at those pictures and because its calf it's thicker and doesn't really drape like the lamb does. It'll wear down some and become easier to move around in, in judging from those pictures. But that's my personal opinion

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yes, that's how I roll :)