TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Is this what the dark brown goatskin looks like color-wise in different kinds of light?
    [​IMG]
    Does it go from something like this basic brown color under direct light, and then darkens significantly (eventually looking black) as lighting becomes less intense?

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

there was hype? looks perfect cyc (and drew). nice job.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I don't understand why people expected it to look substantially different than an mdr...

1 month in now... long wait still ahead :(

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Isn't it just an MDR with a 2010 DR hem and cuffs, minus a couple of snaps?

It's nothing crazy, but it's probably what I'd go for if I got another DR. Other ToJ models are higher on the priority list for me at this point, though.

Also, aren't people mostly buying jackets for the fall at this point? IDK how much more wear I'm going to get out of my lamb DR; it's thick enough that I end up being too warm most of the time once it hits 65 or so.

5. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Yep, prepping for fall and the stopping of production. A few days of ~50 degree weather coming up so it might be my last chance to break out the leather.

6. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

I've been wearing mine any time it gets below 80, pretty much, but that's just because it was already in the 80s when I got it and I didn't want to wait until next fall to get some use out of it. My fiancee thinks I am silly wearing a leather jacket when everyone else is in shorts and tee shirts, though :(.

7. systematic

systematic Senior member

Northern Liberties, huh? Never spent much time hanging out there.

What jacket are you getting?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

shorts and tee shirts aren't proper dress unless you're on/near a beach and it's over 100. :fu: I wear jeans and OCBDs all through the summer at around 100 plus 90% humidity.

9. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

do you give lessons?

10. impolyt_one

It's a mental state you must earn. I do roll up the jeans for summer though, and wear Falke no-show socks.

11. impolyt_one

Seriously though, I do think I deserve some credit, because I have about 3 pounds of black hair on my head, and I haven't lived with air conditioning for like 4 years now. :eek:

12. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

drew, have you found inner peace? because i'd be shooting down mad mofos if i didn't have a/c for four years in korea or japan.

13. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Yeah, and as a relevant side note I'm generally impressed by the Japanese ability to wear jeans and multiple layers in the summer. Last time I was in Tokyo during August I couldn't handle it and went full tourist mode with cargo shorts, tees and sneakers to bum around in and was still sweating through my clothes twice a day (drying off somewhere with A/C for lunch). I did change into jeans and button ups to go out at night, though, in my defense.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Yeah, we went to North Third (at 3rd & Brown). I'd never been. Burgers there are really good, and the beer selection is decent (not SPTR-level awesome, but some good stuff on draft). Prices are about on par with what you'd expect for Norther Liberties.

Getting a CM in what I think is about the last of the dark whiskey calf. Ordered a while ago, but this is the first chance Charly and I could meet up for sizing.

Jeebus. And here I was impressed with myself for surviving last summer wearing 23-oz jeans every day.

15. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

how many preorders would it take to make a small zip wallet happen one last time?